Wednesday 27 August 2014

WoW #24 - Into the Fire by Ashelyn Drake



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Into the Fire by Ashelyn Drake book cover

Into the Fire by Ashelyn Drake


Expected publication: September 9th 2014

Genres: Young Adult; Fantasy


Add to Goodreads


Seventeen-year-old Cara Tillman’s life is a perfectly normal one until Logan Schmidt moves to Ashlan Falls. Cara is inexplicably drawn to him, but she’s not exactly complaining. Logan’s like no boy she’s ever met, and he brings out a side of Cara that she isn’t used to. As the two get closer, everything is nearly perfect, and Cara looks forward to the future.

But Cara isn’t a normal girl. She’s a member of a small group of people descended from the mythical phoenix bird, and her time is running out. Rebirth is nearing, which means she’ll forget her life up to this point—she’ll forget Logan and everything they mean to one another.. But that may be the least of Cara’s problems.

A phoenix hunter is on the loose, and he’s determined to put an end to the lives of people like Cara and her family, once and for all.


Ok, I will admit, when I read the first paragraph of the blurb I was thinking “Oh no, not again.” It seemed like countless other YA books out there. I continue on, and I read “She’s a member of a small group of people descended from the mythical phoenix bird” ... Hang on a minute ... She’s a phoenix?! #interestrenewed!

I’m hoping Into the Fire is more about the second half of the blurb, rather than the first. If it is, it should be really good! *fingers crossed*


What are you waiting on this week?



22 comments:

  1. I do like the cover a lot for this one. This one sounds right up my alley.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a pretty cover, isn't it? Hope you love it Grace!

      Delete
  2. I had the same reaction as you when I read the first half of the synopsis then I read the word phoenix. So unique!! Thanks for sharing :)

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! The last part of blurb sounds so interesting, I really hope that's the part the story focuses on. Thanks for stopping by Eileen :D

      Delete
  3. Ooh nice! This sounds intriguing! Cover reminds me of Maria V. Snyder's Touch of Power too!


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohh, now you mention it, I was wondering why the cover seemed so familiar! Thanks for stopping by Jessica :D

      Delete
  4. I can't believe I haven't seen this one before! It sounds really cool and unique…definitely putting it on my tbr shelf. I'll be watching for your review! Thanks so much for stopping by my corner of the internet:)

    Happy Reading
    Kal-El @ the BookGeekBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, hope you love it to Kel-El, thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. OH MY GOODNESS THIS SOUNDS AMAING! I haven't heard of this book before! I added this on goodreads before I commented. I couldn't take the chance of forgetting to. This sounds amazing and so unique. I am too excited now thank you for sharing =)
    Here's me WoW http://bookstothetea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hah, that's what I thought at first too! I'm still not sure if this is one that I'm going to read, but I'm definitely curious to find out more! Thanks for sharing!!
    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's exactly my thoughts too! The Phoenix is one of my favorite mythical creatures so I'm definitely intrigued. Thanks for sharing and stopping by!
    Ariel @ Bookish Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Phoenix! I don't remember reading a YA book about the phoenix before, so hopefully it'll be amazing. Thanks Ariel, have a great week!

      Delete
  8. Love the cover, so very eye-catching!!!! It sounds awesome too. Ive added it to my list so thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! The cover drew me in at first, then I saw the word "phoenix" and I was sold! Hope you love it Natalie, thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  9. Wow. This sounds really interesting and I absolutely love the cover. The colors are so very vibrant!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It love the cover too! Hopefully the books itself will be just as amazing :D Thanks Elizabeth!

      Delete
  10. I did the same thing as you - the first paragraph sounds like it's just another carbon copy of all the other YA. But give me a book about people descended from a phoenix and I am hooked. Great pick. Am adding this to goodreads now. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! If I had clicked away after reading the first paragraph, I would have dismissed it and overlooked it if I came across it again. Hopefully it lives up to the second half of the blurb, and how awesome the phoenix myth is! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  11. Such a captivating cover! And the story definitely is intriguing. Great pick Alma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique! I love the cover, so beautiful! Hopefully it lives up to the blurb :D

      Delete
  12. OOOOOOO beautiful cover and the synopsis?! I totally want to read this now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Hope you love it Becca, thanks for stopping by :D

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...