Saturday 16 August 2014

Stacking & The Sunday Post: 1-15 August



The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, and It's a chance to share news, recap what has happened on the blog, what is upcoming and anything everything in between. Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! This week I'm linking my recap post to both memes.



Re-Cap -- August 1 - 15


Hello my lovelies, how was your week? Mine was a bit… manic. I’ve had a case of butter fingers all week, and for some reason my hands decided that spilling water on my laptop would be a brilliant idea. Yeah. That was no fun. I had to take it apart, to find out how bad the damage was and let it dry out for a day or so. Thankfully, it wasn’t as bad as it first appeared and I managed to get it working again. My poor dog nearly had a heart attack when I shrieked with joy, and I could have kissed the computer when it started as normal! Laptop repair or replacement costs definitely do not feature in my budget!


On the bookish front, I finished/am still finishing off reading the last book in two of my all-time favourite series, all in the one week. Lots of series come and go, but I don’t remember finishing two favourites so close together before, certainly not back-to-back! I knew Dust to Dust was sitting on my Kindle, and I knew I would be a wreck after reading that one, so I chose to start with Opposition. I think my opinion of it will be in the minority, but that’s a discussion for another day. I’m reading Dust to Dust as slowly as humanly possible. I do not want to say goodbye to Perry and Dex. I can’t do it! *sobs*


Books I Bought This Week



The camera didn't pick it up, but the cover sparkles. Not sure how I feel about that in honesty, but, oh well! Not much I can do about it.



I’ve gone for an unintentional red, purple and green theme with my paperbacks this week. Opposition arrived at the beginning of the week, and I’ve already completed it. I picked up the rest a few days later. I finally have a copy of Splintered! I spent way too long staring at the cover. It’s even prettier in person if that’s possible! Oh, and the ink used within the book is purple. (Random factoid I didn't know until now!) I don't think this will ruin my eyes... I hope not anyway! I think I’ve unknowingly started a series completion mission. The Iron Daughter, Raising Demons and Scarlet are all the second books in their respective series. I can’t wait to read all four of these. Soooon… very soon my pretties! :D



New Kindle Books



Dust to Dust by Karina Halle

Add to Goodreads


We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

Add to Goodreads

Chasing Forever Down by Nikki Godwin

Add to Goodreads



Ohh Dust to Dust! I need to hurry up and finish this cause I want to know what happens, but I don’t want to! It’s so heart-breaking that this is the last time I’ll read a new book about Perry and Dex. *cries* I love these two. I’ve read lots of differing things about We Were Liars, but curiosity won out in the end, and I bought it. I read a review by Kirstalyn @ The Sarcastic Palmtree the other day for the second book in the Drenaline Surf series, Chasing Forever Down is the first in the series, so I’m going to give it a shot! Sounds so good!


On the Blog Recently


Review: Hallowed by Cynthia Hand
Pretty in Pink: 7 Books I Want on My Shelves
Review: Wallbanger by Alice Clayton
Review: Outshine by Nola Decker
Ten Books I’m Not Sure I Want to Read
Review: Between the Lives by Jessica Shirvington
Summer Reading Programme Update – June and July


Soundtrack for the Week


Cry Me a River – Michael BublĂ© I love his version :)



Hope you have an awesome week! Happy Reading!



19 comments:

  1. Yay for Dust to Dust! I love the EIT series and I'm really sad it's over! Great haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the EIT series so much, and I know it has to end but... I'd love it to continue on. I'm loving Dust to Dust, but tissues are definitely required! I don't think I've cried as much reading a book in a long, long time.

      Delete
  2. Woot love your haul!! I've read and loved the Hex Hall books but never heard of Raising Demons 0.0 Can't wait to hear what you think of We Were Liars as I've heard really mixed things too :)

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen! I had such a hard time finding book two in the Hex Hall series. I was searching for Demonglass, and I couldn't find it over here, and I did a little digging. The UK version of Demonglass was renamed Raising Demons :D With We Were Liars, yep, I've seen good and bad... fingers crossed I like it! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. Nice Haul! Enjoy your reads!

    Stormi
    http://www.booksmoviesreviewsohmy.com/stacking-the-shelves-22/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! Daemon love! Iron Fey! I still need to read Splintered myself and am hoping to do so maybe next month...I got quite a few review books this week that will keep me busy for awhile! Even got one of the same books you got! You'll have to wait until tomorrow to see which one it is!

    Hope you enjoy all your many awesome reads!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I can't wait to continue the Iron Fey series, it should be soooo good! I'm in the extreme minority... but... Opposition didn't live up to my expectations. I'm absolutely gutted about it! It was the one book I was positive I would love this year :( Oh well, I still love Daemon and Katy, I'll just forget the fifth book exists! Hope you have an awesome week Jessica, thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. Great books! I enjoyed We Were Liars and have heard good things about Opposition. I'm dying to try the Lunar Chronicles. Hope you enjoy your new goodies and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine! I loved Cinder, and can't wait to start Scarlet. Hope you love them when you read them!

      Delete
  6. I love the Lunar Chronicles and my daughter loved Splintered. Hope your week is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimba! I can't wait to read both books :D

      Delete
  7. OMG OMG I had no idea Michael Buble did Cry Me a River. That is a fabulous version! I am listening to it now. Just.. wow. At least you got your laptop working. Man .. I don't know what I would do. I don't have the money for a new laptop that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I panicked so much! It's never happened to me before, just one of those silly accidents that can happen and give a heart-attack. I was so relieved it's OK. *Phew* I'm being so careful now, though, LOL! And YAY, so glad you liked his version of Cry Me a River! Have a great week Angela :D

      Delete
  8. Great haul. I have to admit that I don't like the Opposition cover, especially since it doesn't match the old ones. I absolutely loved We Were Liars, such a brilliant book. I hope you enjoy them all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so frustrated when they changed the covers for the last books! I have the series in paperback, and they look dreadful side-by-side on the shelf now. I think I'll be hiding Opposition away elsewhere in honesty, I don't like the sparkles either! I'm so glad you loved We Were Liars! I was a bit worried about getting it, so hopefully I'll love it too! Thanks for stopping by, Charnell. Have a great week!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...