Saturday 9 August 2014

Stacking the Shelves, #5



Stacking The Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews and is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!


It feels like months since I did a Stacking the Shelves post! I’ve been pretty good the past couple of months, I didn't buy any new books. I could see the stacks decorating my room, and I thought it would be a pretty good idea to try and tackle them first. This little resolution was working fantastically… until the middle of July rolls around and the looming release of Opposition. I pre-ordered it, and that opened the flood-gates…


As of typing up this post, Opposition hasn’t arrived yet. I’ve been avoiding all reviews, twitter, GoodReads etc as I don’t want to be spoiled. I’m not jealous of anyone who’s read the book or anything – absolutely not! *cough*


When I ordered Opposition, I also bought a recent release that’s been taunting me for so long. It’s Book 4 in the Night School series, Resistance by C.J. Daugherty. The minute it showed up, I started reading, and oh my goodness, it was so worth it! It’s easily in my top three, if not my favourite book of 2014. My review will be up in the next week or so, and prepare for a lot of fangirling!



As some of you know, I’ve only recently started reading Harry Potter for the first time. I got a copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone a couple of months ago, and erm… well... I.. I.. I’m not addicted! I swear! I have no idea how this happened… It was a moment of weakness! Yes, that’s it! *wrings hands*



They are so pretty. And shiny. And tempting! And my reading schedule is full for August… *cries*

(On a side note: I never want to meet the person that decided putting a sticky barcode and reams of sticky tape on the pretty box was a good idea. *Shakes head* I’ll never understand some peoples logic!)


These are some Kindle Freebies I picked up:




Providence, by Jamie McGuire

Add to Goodreads


Lost in Me, by Lexi Ryan

Add to Goodreads



Lost and Found, by Nicole Williams

Add to Goodreads


The Hazards of Skinny Dipping, by Alyssa Rose Ivy

Add to Goodreads


I can't wait to read Providence! I had intended to buy and read it around the time I read Beautiful Disaster, but as you can guess, that didn't happen. The others I accidentally came across, saw they were free, and thought, "yes, excellent idea!". Hopefully it works out well!


That’s all the books I’ve added to my shelves for this week. I have a few more books on the way apart from Opposition, and they will hopefully arrive at some stage during the week.


Feel free to leave a link to your Stacking the Shelves post if you have one, so I can some visit.

Have a great weekend, and Happy Reading!



14 comments:

  1. I really need to start the Night School series. It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, definitely try to! It's such an awesome series (I might be a little biased though!) I love when I find a series that keeps getting better. Hope you love it, and thanks for stopping by, Chrissi :)

      Delete
  2. Lost and Found was amazing! I read it right when it came out and I still love it, so I hope you enjoy it too. And I just finished Opposition about two days ago. I stayed up all night reading it, and then I cried myself to sleep. It was amazing and the perfect conclusion to the series. I hope your copy arrives soon!

    Great haul! Check out mine: http://inmysecretbookworld.blogspot.se/2014/08/stacking-shelves-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh glad to hear Lost and Found was good! Sometimes with Kindle Freebies they can be a little hit or miss. Have a great weekend Aseel!

      Delete
  3. Brilliant haul this week! I totally don't blame you for your moment of weakness in buying the HP paperback set. I plan to buy the new set from Bloomsbury when it comes out this year, can't wait! They look AMAZING! I hope you enjoy all of your reads this week :) Here's my STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did see the new ones on the way, but in honesty, I couldn't wait that long! It'll take me a while to get through the six I haven't read, but it'll be so worth it. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. I'm in the same situation as you with Opposition – I preordered it but as far as I know it hasn't arrived (I'm away at the moment so maybe it has arrived...). But your haul is still very nice! You've got to love the freebies; I've read Lost & Found and enjoyed it a lot more than I'd expected to. Happy reading!

    My StS .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kindle freebies help so much! Keeps my bank balance happy, too ;-) I'm definitely going to move Lost & Found up my TBR list, I've seen lots of good things about it lately. Thanks for stopping by Zareena!

      Delete
  5. OOOh very nice! Gorgeous Harry Potter covers! Love that series! Night School sounds like an interesting series. Not sure I'm familiar with that one but love the cover for that installment!

    Totally understand about Opposition! I'm like that too when it comes to particular releases. I don't want anything to do with anything related to it until I read it! No worries! And it's definitely worth the wait! Won't say anything else!

    Happy Reading!!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh hints and spoilers for new release I'm dying to read annoy me so much! It's so much safer to just avoid all talk about the book until I read it =) I do think I'll love it, and thanks for not saying anything about it! Have a great weekend, Jessica!

      Delete
  6. Love all of your lovely, lovely new books!! <3 and enjoy your gorgeous new HP set. :)

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I already had a hardback set of HP, but Bloomsbury had a sale a while ago and that set was only £30 so I bought it, I couldn't help it, honest. IT WAS JUST SO DAMN PRETTY, haha. :) Happy reading!

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I did the same. I was looking to buy books two and three, and I accidentally found the entire set for £35. 7 books looked so much more appealing than 2 books :D Thanks Kirsty-Marie, have a great week!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...