Saturday 30 August 2014

September is for Sequels Challenge



I love reading challenges, and a few days ago I saw Monique over at Mo_Books signing up for the September is for Sequels Challenge. It is perfect timing, as I had three sequels set aside to read in September and signing up will keep me on track to commit to read them! The challenge is hosted by Lisa @ Lisa Loves Literature, and if you want to join the challenge, you can sign up here.

Rules

• It would be good if you had a blog to post reviews, or you can be a Goodreads Member and post your reviews on the site.

• The book must be a sequel - it can be any # in the series, just not the first book. Prequels can count if they were published AFTER the first one in the series. You can do e-books, even ARCs or e-galleys, as well as good old fashioned books. And, I'll even let you count the little 1.5 novellas that are often published as e-books only.

• The deadline to sign up and participate is September 15th.

• You must post on your blog an entry that has a list of the sequels you're planning to read, but it doesn't have to be complete, or you could even just post your goal, do you plan to read 8, or more? You can always go back as the month proceeds and enter the books as you read and review them.

• Make sure you grab the button and put it in your entry post, or on the sidebar of your blog.

My objective is to read and review 4 sequels in September. I’m going to stick with the minimum requirement for the challenge, and see how things progress as the month goes along.


The books I plan on reading are:



I’m leaving the fourth spot open, and I’ll let my mood at the time determine which of the other sequels I have on my shelves I’ll read. Scarlet, Raising Demons and The Iron Daughter are all Book #2's, and I loved the first book from each of their respective series, so hopefully I'll love the sequels just as much.

I really hope I can complete this challenge. Reading the four books should be the straightforward part, it’s the reviewing that will pose the biggest challenge for me. I usually let my reviews sit for a couple of weeks after I read a book, so this will be a slightly different approach than I’m used to! Eeek, wish me luck!



4 comments:

  1. I'm also not used to publishing my reviews right after I read a book. I try and stick to a schedule of one review a week. I may just post a review on Goodreads for this challenge and then publish my review later on my blog because it will mess with the order I want to post them in. I'm glad to see you joined in the challenge. Good luck =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique! I was considering reading a couple of sequels right at the start of the month, then panic about the other two during the last week! I might double up a few posts toward the end of the month. Best of luck!

      Delete
  2. Interesting. I always publish my reviews right after so that the book is fresh in my mind for what I want to say. Although there are times I think maybe I should sit down and plan out my reviews. Definitely just post something on Goodreads if you want, that way it still works for the challenge. So glad to have you all joining in! I still need to get started on the Cinder series myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! The challenge was perfect timing for me!

      I've gotten in the habit of scribbling a few notes after I finish a book, then I let the rose-tinted glasses wear off before I sit down to write the full review. I tend to be a little overly-OMG-fangirly if I don't let the review sit for a while =) At the minute, things look good. Depending on how the month progresses, I might pop a review up on Goodreads. Thanks for the challenge, Lisa!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...