Wednesday 20 August 2014

WoW #23 - Loop by Karen Akins



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


 Loop by Karen Akins book cover

Loop by Karen Akins


Expected publication: October 21st 2014

Genres: Young Adult; Fantasy; Time Travel


Add to Goodreads


At a school where Quantum Paradox 101 is a required course and history field trips are literal, sixteen year-old time traveler Bree Bennis excels…at screwing up.

After Bree botches a solo midterm to the 21st century by accidentally taking a boy hostage (a teensy snafu), she stands to lose her scholarship. But when Bree sneaks back to talk the kid into keeping his yap shut, she doesn’t go back far enough. The boy, Finn, now three years older and hot as a solar flare, is convinced he’s in love with Bree, or rather, a future version of her that doesn’t think he’s a complete pain in the arse. To make matters worse, she inadvertently transports him back to the 23rd century with her.

Once home, Bree discovers that a recent rash of accidents at her school are anything but accidental. Someone is attacking time travelers. As Bree and her temporal tagalong uncover seemingly unconnected clues—a broken bracelet, a missing data file, the art heist of the millennium—that lead to the person responsible, she alone has the knowledge to piece the puzzle together. Knowledge only one other person has. Her future self.

But when those closest to her become the next victims, Bree realizes the attacker is willing to do anything to stop her. In the past, present, or future.


After I read the blurb for Loop the first time, I had a big grin on my face. Time travel can be so much fun to read about, but it can be really hard to find a book that portrays it believably. Loop sort of reminds me of a YA-Non-paranormal version of the Cassandra Palmer series by Karen Chance. Also, look at the cover! So pretty! October isn't too far away, not much waiting left.


What are you waiting on this week?



15 comments:

  1. This sounds so, so good!!! Adding to my desperately wants list!! :D Awesome choice!!
    Here is my WoW

    Have a great week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I really hope you love it! Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds so good! Now I'm excited about it too!

    My WoW

    Isabel @ liberamans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like a funny yet disastrous time-travel story! Hopefully it's amazing :D Have a great week Isabel!

      Delete
  3. Yes! This one is also on my TBR list and it sounds so good!! And I love the cover ;) Thanks for sharing :)

    My WoW .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, the cover is so beautiful! Hope it's awesome :D Have a great week, Zareena!

      Delete
  4. This book sounds interesting. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this one on Goodreads and it looks interesting :)

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is so eye-catching, and the blurb appeals to me so much! Thanks for stopping by Eileen, have a great week :)

      Delete
  6. OOoh interesting!! Sounds like an intriguing read!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Literally so many people want to read this one! I'm not really a fan of time-travel. I like Kerstin Gier's series though :D I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    Have a fantastic week :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this sounds awesome! I'd never heard of it before. Looks like I have another book to add to my Goodreads!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...