Wednesday 6 August 2014

The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent - WoW #21



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


  The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent book cover

The Stars Never Rise by Rachel Vincent


Expected publication: June 9th 2015 by Delacorte Press

Genres: Young Adult; Fantasy; Paranormal; Demons


Add to Goodreads


Sixteen-year-old Nina Kane should be worrying about her immortal soul, but she's too busy trying to actually survive. Her town's population has been decimated by soul-consuming demons, and souls are in short supply. Watching over her younger sister, Mellie, and scraping together food and money are all that matters. The two of them are a family. They gave up on their deadbeat mom a long time ago.

When Nina discovers that Mellie is keeping a secret that threatens their very existence, she'll do anything to protect her. Because in New Temperance, sins are prosecuted as crimes by the brutal Church and its army of black-robed exorcists. And Mellie's sin has put her in serious trouble.

To keep them both alive, Nina will need to trust Finn, a fugitive with deep green eyes who has already saved her life once and who might just be an exorcist. But what kind of exorcist wears a hoodie?

Wanted by the Church and hunted by dark forces, Nina knows she can't survive on her own. She needs Finn and his group of rogue friends just as much as they need her.


This cover, oh just look at all the prettiness! Yeah, I’m guilty of judging books by their covers…

But - look at that blurb! Soul sucking demons? A crazed Church trying to exorcize everyone for the smallest crime? Two sisters fighting to stay alive and keep their secrets intact? Yes! How awesome does this sound! Then I take a look at the release date. Sigh. Over ten months? I can wait ten months. Patiently... *gulp* Or maybe not.

Well, on the bright side, at least this will give me plenty of time to start the Soul Screamers series. I have the first book, and I keep overlooking starting it.


What do you think of The Stars Never Rise? And what new releases are at the top of your wishlist? Feel free to leave a link to your WoW post if you have one!



23 comments:

  1. This doesn't seem like my kind of book but i hope you enjoy it when you read it :)

    Here's My WoW

    Nemo @ Blame it on the Book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! So want to read this one! Love all Rachel's books!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds so good! Hope we both love it :D

      Delete
  3. This does look great, and I agree that cover is super eye catching! I had a panic moment when I saw the date though. I thought we had a lot left of 2014 lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It is such a long time away! Hope it's worth the wait :D

      Delete
  4. Ooooo Yes. Great choice.
    Lori @ Ficwishes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I added this one to my TBR list just because I love Rachel Vincent, but I hadn't seen the cover yet. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you love The Stars Never Rise, Elizabeth! It sounds so good.

      Delete
  6. I am also guilty of judging books by their covers, I love book eye candy =D I agree this one is fantastic! Gorgeous pick Alma.
    Monique @ Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique! LOL, I get drawn in by pretty covers so easily! (Glad I'm not the only one guilty of it :D )

      Delete
  7. Awesome cover and very interesting plot line! I'm intrigued, thanks for sharing and stopping by my WoW. - meghann

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen this one around and I'm interested. I mean soul-sucking demons, that's a must read :P Great pick!

    -Mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it sounds like it should be amazing! Hopefully it is, and thanks for stopping by Mari :)

      Delete
  9. I agree, the cover is amazing! And I am really intrigued. I think I will be adding this one to my TBR, the secrets and the crazy church have pulled me in! Thanks so much for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's great Shannon! Hope we both love it. It's a bit of a wait, but hopefully it's worth it!

      Delete
  10. That is a stunning cover! I haven't read a book by Rachel Vincent so it's kind of a good thing that this one releases almost a year from now. Gives me time to play catch up on her Soul Screamers series. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is such a pretty cover! That's my plan exactly: I started My Soul to Take last night, and it's pretty good so far. Hopefully it keeps going that way. Thanks for stopping by Dea!

      Delete
  11. Ooh the cover is Sooo gorgeous! And I know what you mean about the wait. I hate waiting on books, specially ones I'm very excited about, so I hope the months pass quickly for you now!
    Great pick and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waiting can be so horrible! It sucks when I really want to read a book right now and realise the release date is a long time away, then by the time that date rolls around, my interest has faded! It's such a horrible feeling. I don't think that will happen for The Stars Never Rise. I'm almost finished My Soul to Take, and I'm really liking it. At least finishing that series will fill the gap until June 2015!

      Delete
  12. This one is on my tbr too. Great choice!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...