Wednesday 28 May 2014

WoW #12: The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Is it bad to want to read a book based on a character name? Zephyr. Erm, The Zephyr Song by Red Hot Chilli Peppers... *Shrugs* Seems like a good book though!


The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings


The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings

Expected publication: June 10th 2014

Genres: Young Adult, Sci-Fi, Dystopian

Add to Goodreads


An action-packed, blood-soaked, futuristic debut thriller set in a world where the murder rate is higher than the birthrate. For fans of Moira Young’s Dust Lands series, La Femme Nikita, and the movie Hanna.

Meadow Woodson, a fifteen-year-old girl who has been trained by her father to fight, to kill, and to survive in any situation, lives with her family on a houseboat in Florida. The state is controlled by The Murder Complex, an organization that tracks the population with precision.

The plot starts to thicken when Meadow meets Zephyr James, who is—although he doesn’t know it—one of the MC’s programmed assassins. Is their meeting a coincidence? Destiny? Or part of a terrifying strategy? And will Zephyr keep Meadow from discovering the haunting truth about her family?

Action-packed, blood-soaked, and chilling, this is a dark and compelling debut novel by Lindsay Cummings.

-- As seen on Goodreads


What books are you waiting for? Leave a link to you blog, or tell us in the comments :)


12 comments:

  1. I'm waiting on this one too. I heard on Twitter that it's really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's brilliant! I've been keeping away from it for a while so I don't get too influenced. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. This one is a popular choice this week! Can't wait to read Murder Complex as I love YA thrillers and I've heard lots of good things about it :)

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I've been keeping away from the hype, but it's awesome to hear it should be good. I'm trying to keep my expectations in check! :D

      Delete
  3. Great pick. I think it sounds like a book that I need to read for sure.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, can't wait for it either! I've stayed away from the ratings/reviews in case I'm disappointed before even reading it, haha.

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, me too! I like going in with very little knowledge, and if I see not so good reviews, I start jumping to conclusions. Hope we both love it, and thanks for stopping by Kirsty-Marie!

      Delete
  5. Yes! This is one of my anticipated reads too! I am so jealous of the people with ARCs of this book. Haha.

    Here's my WoW

    - Ri @ Hiveretcafe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, me too! I've been keeping back from the hype, I don't want my expectations to be too high and end up being disappointed. Hopefully it's awesome :D Thanks for stopping by Ri!

      Delete
  6. Nice! Been seeing a lot of this one around! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...