Tuesday 27 May 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: My Top Ten Young Adult Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme run by The Broke and the Bookish. This week, it's a freebie week. We get to choose our own topic. I've chosen to list My Top Ten Young Adult Books, as I don't think I've ever done this before, on the blog or elsewhere.


I know Young Adult isn’t really a genre by itself. As I want need to include books from several different genres, this is the one bracket they all fall into. I’m limiting myself to books I’ve read (or reread) within the last two years. I actually got stuck on eleven books, and I’m going to list all eleven. I couldn’t choose one to remove from the list. If it was a Top Twenty list, things would be a lot easier!


Under the Never Sky book cover


• Under the Never Sky

by Veronica Rossi


I love this trilogy so much. Each book was so strong, but if I had to choose a favourite, Through the Ever Night would probably take it. Aria and Perry will always be among my favourite couples, and who could forget Roar!


The Hunger Games book cover


• The Hunger Games

by Suzanne Collins


This is the series that introduced me to the dystopian genre, and I haven't looked back. I love this trilogy so much, but the bar has been set so high for all the other books, I find there are few books in the genre that match up to it.


Night School cover image


• Night School

by C.J. Daugherty


The Night School series keeps getting better. I've read the first three, and I love each one a little more than the last.



Angelfall cover image


• Angelfall

by Susan Ee


Angelfall completely ruined any book I can ever read involving angels. I don't think anything will ever top it. It's not just on my top YA list, it would be very close to the top of my all time favourite books list.


Obsidian book cover


• Obsidian

by Jenifer L. Armentrout


I had such a love/hate relationship with this book when I read it, or more specifically with Daemon. I wanted to strangle him in this book, but the rest of the series has made me do a 180. I love when this happens actually, and I love the series.


Nevermore book cover


• Nevermore

by Kelly Creagh


Nevermore is a very new addition to my favourites lists. It completely blew away all my expectations. Everything about the book surprised me, and I absolutely love how the characters developed.


Starcrossed book cover


• Starcrossed

by Josephine Angelini


This is another book that surprised me. I love mythology and retellings, so I was expecting great things. And it delivered. I loved it.



Forbidden book cover


• Forbidden

by Tabitha Sazuma


Is Forbidden classed as Young Adult or New Adult? I think I'd class it as YA, but I'm probably wrong! This book crushed me. It ripped my heart into little pieces, and shattered me for days after I read it. Absolutely incredible!


Divergent book cover


• Divergent

by Veronica Roth


I remember when I read Divergent, I was completely in love with the series. It was so insane and fast paced, I loved it. Unfortunately, Insurgent has tainted my love of the series, but I try to push that aside, and just remember how much I loved Divergent when I read it.


Poison Study book cover


• Poison Study

by Maria V. Snyder


Poison Study has had a similar fate to Divergent in my eyes. I loved the first two books in the series, but Fire Study was a let down. So, once again, I try to push that aside and remember how much I loved Yelena and Valek in Poison Study. And Ixia! I found it so much more interesting than Sitia.


Amy and Rogers Epic Detour book cover


• Amy and Rogers Epic Detour

by Morgan Matson


I think this list needs a little more contemporary to balance it out, and Amy and Rogers Epic Detour is such a feel good book. I love road trip books and it's my favourite of any I've read.



What topic did you choose this week? Feel free to leave a link to your post so I can stop by :) Have you read any of these books? What did you think of them?


12 comments:

  1. Great topic this week and so many brilliant books. The Hunger Games, Forbidden & Under the Never Sky would totally be on my list of favourite YA books, those are amazing. I also read and really enjoyed Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, Divergent, Starcrossed and Obsidian. I've never heard of Nevermore before, will have to check it up on Goodreads. Nice picks :) Here's my TTT, I went with my favourite mind-blowing endings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh awesome topic! And lol, we both chose Forbidden =) It's such an amazing book, I really want more people to read it, but I know the subject matter might be a little too far outside most peoples comfort zone. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Great topic, there's two or three series on here I've had my eye on, and you've just introduced me to two or three more I hadn't heard of before. TTT is so bad for my TBR list.

    My TTT: http://confessionsofabookgeek.wordpress.com/2014/05/27/top-ten-tuesday-remembering-alfie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I know what you mean! I end up with at least ten new books to read each week! Thanks for stopping by =)

      Delete
  3. OMGZ! Great topic and picks!! Looooooved Obsidian, Divergent, Poison Study, Starcrossed, Under the Never Sky (still need to read the last one!)! Great picks!!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these books so much, such awesome stories. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Great topic! We share a love for the Lux series too! I haven't read any of the Night School books, they look great though. I have a new love for Morgan Matson too since reading Second Chance Summer. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Night School series is so good. I haven't read Second Chance Summer yet, but hopefully I'll like it when I get the chance to. Thanks for stopping by Jenny!

      Delete
  5. I have only read the first Night School book but I can't wait to get around to reading the rest of the series! I also love the starcrossed series! Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely try to continue Night School, it keeps getting better! Thanks for stopping by Keeley =)

      Delete
  6. Great choices... just noticed you accidentally put Veronica Rossi as the author of Divergent instead of Veronica Roth. Love this list, though. I want to read Under the Never Sky so bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh gosh thank for spotting that, just changed it. No matter how many times I check, I always miss something incredibly obvious! *blushes* I've got Under the Never Sky on the brain, lol!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...