Wednesday 14 May 2014

WoW #11: The Merciless by Danielle Vega


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


I discovered this book about a month ago, and I remember reading the blurb and thinking, "What in the hell did I just read?!" The pink cover didn't help either! Of course, this got me incredibly curious about the book, and now I'm just going to have to read it to see what it's all about.


The Merciless by Danielle Vega


The Merciless by Danielle Vega

Expected publication: June 12th 2014

Genres: Horror, Young Adult, Mystery

Add to Goodreads


Forgive us, Father, for we have sinned.

Brooklyn Stevens sits in a pool of her own blood, tied up and gagged. No one outside of these dank basement walls knows she’s here. No one can hear her scream.

Sofia Flores knows she shouldn’t have gotten involved. When she befriended Riley, Grace, and Alexis on her first day at school, she admired them, with their perfect hair and their good-girl ways. They said they wanted to save Brooklyn. They wanted to help her. Sofia didn’t realize they believed Brooklyn was possessed.

Now, Riley and the girls are performing an exorcism on Brooklyn—but their idea of an exorcism is closer to torture than salvation. All Sofia wants is to get out of this house. But there is no way out. Sofia can’t go against the other girls . . . unless she wants to be next. . . .

In this chilling debut, Danielle Vega delivers blood-curdling suspense and terror on every page. By the shockingly twisted end, readers will be faced with the most haunting question of all: Is there evil in all of us?

-- As seen on Goodreads


What books did you choose this week? Leave a link to your WoW post, or tell us in the comments.

12 comments:

  1. Wow! That sounds super creepy. I don't know if that is up my alley or not. I will look forward to hearing your review when it comes out! I also notice you are reading Die For Me! I love that series so much! I hope you enjoy it.

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL that blurb took me completely by surprise! It's one of those occasions my curiosity is completely taken in, so I have to know what happens. Hope it turns out good! Thanks for stopping by Kristalyn!

      Delete
  2. Wowza! This sounds so so so good. I'm adding it to my TBR now. Definitely want to read it! :D

    Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the sound of it! Hopefully it's absolutely terrifying, thanks for stopping by Stephanie! =)

      Delete
  3. I think I saw this on someone else's WoW a few weeks ago and added it to my TBR then. It sounds creepy but good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though the synopsis kind of scares me, I LOVE this cover. I don't know if it is the Pepto Pink with gold, the simplicity, or what the deal is, but every time I see it, I want to put the creep-factor aside and read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! The synopsis certainly grabs attention! Hopefully it'll live up to it. And the cover just makes it even better! Thanks for stopping by Shannon!

      Delete
  5. Haven't heard of this one before, sounds creepy! I hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keeley, hope it's good, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. When I first saw it I thought it was Adult so didn't pay much attention to it, but damn, definitely my type of book, LOVE horror and I haven't actually read many to do with exorcisms, especially in YA. So win/win! :) AND NOT THAT LONG TO WAIT. YES. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Less than a month!! I love a good horror book, and this sounds just perfect. Can't wait to read it, hope you enjoy it too Kirsty-Marie, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...