Sunday 25 May 2014

Sunday Post #2: May 19 - 25


The Sunday Post

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It's a chance to share news, recap what has happened on the blog, what is upcoming and anything everything in between.

Anyone can participate as long as you:

-- Enter your link on the post- Sundays beginning at 12:01 am(CST) (link will be open all week)

-- Link back to Caffeinated Book Reviewers blog

-- Visit others who have linked up


May 19 - 25 Re-Cap


After Bout of Books last week, I took things a little easier this week. I read two and a half books, pretty much my usual amount. I had mixed results: one I loved, one I liked and one I didn't like at all. The one I loved was Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan. My review will be up on the blog at some stage next week, so expect a little gushing! I’ve been working on a couple of cosmetic changes to my blog. I don’t have much design experience to draw from, but it’s kind of fun playing around with a few things I like the look of.

In non-book related news, this week was pretty much dominated with the Champions League final. It’s no secret I love football, so this is one match I always like watching. It’s pretty much equivalent of the Superbowl for European football. Congrats to Real Madrid, but… hey, I wish my team was there ;)


On the Blog this past week


Monday: Review: Life Eternal by Yvonne Woon -- Dead Beautiful, #2
Tuesday: Teaser Tuesday
Wednesday: Review: Die for Me by Amy Plum -- Revenants, #1
Friday: Five Not-So-Favourite Fantasy Books
Saturday: Review: Girl with Guitar by Caisey Quinn -- Kylie Ryans, #1


Books I read this past week


They go in order: The one I loved; the one I liked and the one I didn't like (and won't be reviewing.)


Up Next


I've just started The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna, and I am loving it so far. I really want to read both Hex Hall and Matched and I keep overlooking them, so hopefully by including them here, it'll make me commit to reading them next!


Posts I loved


The Notebook Sisters: Negative Reviews: I ask the Publicists . I loved this post, and it's great to hear what the publishers opinions are.

Parajunkee: Building Confidence as a Blogger I definitely get insecure about blogging. I know I don't have a great design and it's something that plays on my mind. It's nice to see what others think and that we all go through similar feelings.

Books. Blog. Bake. Gendered Reading & Growing Up. Definitely read this if you haven't. It's amazing how unconsciously society influences our opinions.

Icy Cold Reads: Investigated - Is YA mostly geared toward females? This ties in with the above post too.


Soundtrack for the Week


Oceans by Pearl Jam




Have a great week, and thanks for stopping by!



12 comments:

  1. The Bullet List looks interesting. Oh and I reviewed Matched this past week ironically enough. Hope you have a great week!

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bullet List wasn't for me, bit over the top for my tastes. And LOL, I've had a copy of Matched for a while now and I usually overlook it. It's about time I commit to reading it! Thanks for stopping by Sandy =)

      Delete
  2. Don't know about the books but love Pearl Jam and I like the blog design, it's clear and easily readable :) Have a great week !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback =) I kind of like the design, but I want to little bit here and there. And I love Pearl Jam, too! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. You have got some great book coming up on your list. Happy reading.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great week! I want to read Little Beach Street Bakery but I haven't seen it in the states yet. Thanks for the posts I loved links. Some of those I definitely want to go read and I would've missed them. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little Beach Street Bakery is so good! Not sure when it's released in the US, but I highly recommend it. Thanks for stopping by Katherine =)

      Delete
  5. You must be getting excited about the World Cup :) I'm not that passionate about t, but my two sons are, one of them is a huge football fan so I would usually watch the games with him or the whole family goes to the pub to watch. What a game that Champions League Final was!
    Great selection of 'Posts I loved', I looked at all of them and agree, very interesting stuff for us bloggers.
    Have a great week and Happy Reading.
    My Sunday Post is here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! The final was awesome! I've grown up with football, my dad used to play, so it's sort of in my blood at this stage =) With the World Cup, I love the group stages, then by the end I start losing interest! But we'll see, hopefully it'll be better this year. Thanks for stopping by Peggy =)

      Delete
  6. I know quite a lot of people didn't like Matched at all, but I ended up really liking the whole series. I hope you end up enjoying that one! I want to start the Hex Hall series, have heard a lot of great things. Have to admit to not being a Football fan, my dad loves it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I hope I love Matched! I've seen it around for so long, I'm looking forward to starting it. Thanks for stopping by =)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...