Tuesday 13 May 2014

Bout of Books 10: Day 2 Updates and Challenges



Updates and Progress for Monday


Currently Reading: Die for Me by Amy Plum
Pages Read Today: 152 pages
Total Pages: 152 pages
Number of Books Completed: 0
Books Completed: None yet
Challenges: If you like X, try Y

Thoughts:

Die for Me is the longest of the four books I’ve chosen to read this week, and I’m almost half-way through, so I’m pretty pleased with my progress so far. To make my goal, I need to be reading around 145-150 pages a day, so hopefully I’ll get a repeat and keep the momentum going.


Tuesday's Challenges



Bookish Battle Royal Challenge


This challenge is hosted by Christina over at My Life In Books. I have chosen four characters from four sci-fi/fantasy series I like. This should be interesting! *rubs hands*

The Rules

1. Choose three or more fictional characters as combatants – they can be haphazardly picked or themed (for example, I went with badass classic literature protagonists)

2. List three strengths and weakness for each contender (feel free to skip this step if you’re using social media to participate in Bout of Books i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads…)

3. Determine who would come out victorious and give a little explanation why you think they would win – get creative with the outcomes!

4. Link in the comments and if you tweet about this challenge make sure to use the hashtag #bookbattleroyal in addition to #boutofbooks because I want to see all your dueling characters!


My Participants


I don't own these images, they belong to their respective owners.
Daemon BlackEric NorthmanJohn PritkinZsadist

Daemon is from the Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout; Eric is from the Southern Vampire series by Charlaine Harris; Pritkin is from the Cassandra Palmer series by Karen Chance; Zsadist is from the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward.


(I was tempted to add Edward Cullen to this battle, but even I’m not that cruel. He’d die in the first minute.)


This is one of those moments where I realise what a book nerd I really am to be even considering this, but it’s so much fun and I love the idea! I love fantasy/paranormal/sci-fi books, so I’m choosing four characters that I’d love to see meet up. I honestly don’t think Daemon Black would be able to keep his mount shut long enough not to antagonise the others, and I do think this meeting would inevitably end up in a blood-bath… Can you imagine those four egos in a room!?

Ok, when you think about it, maybe this won’t the fairest battle royal. I’m pitting two vampires and war mage who are all pretty old (their ages are measured in centuries, not decades), against a teenage alien. Now, you might think automatic advantage to them, but Daemon can more than take care of himself in a fight.

It’s very easy to get under Pritkin skin and severely piss him off, so Daemon would have a field day tormenting him. I’d love to see the verbal sparring between these two. I could see Daemon and Eric being allies, as there is no chance Zsadist or Pritkin would choose an ally out of any of these guys.

If it comes down to strength alone, Pritkin would be the weakest physically, but he would also have the widest range of weapons and magic at his disposal. I’m shocked to say this, but I think Eric would be the most level headed out of these four. He’d sit back and let Pritkin and Daemon trade insults and be watching and figuring out Zsadist, who’d be hovering in the corner. To save his own skin, Eric also would be the most ruthless, yet diplomatic, and I could see him liking and being amused by Daemon’s antagonistic ways, until those insults are directed his way. Then the pissed off Viking would emerge…

Zsadist would be the most unpredictable. Nothing would faze him, but I also think he would be the easiest to threaten, and thus the first to fall. One threat against Nalla, and that would be the spark to set him off fighting everyone… or surrendering. I can’t see him wanting to sacrifice himself if there was an opportunity to escape and go back to Bella and Nalla.

My Winner: Eric Northman

I think Eric would be the winner out of the three remaining, but only just. Daemon’s sharp tongue would be his downfall, and I could see Eric using Daemon as a distraction to take out Pritkin, then he would instantly turn on Daemon.


Books You're Looking Forward To Reading


This challenge is hosted by Shannon over at River City Reading. The task is to create a list of titles I'm looking forward to reading. They can be upcoming titles in a specific season, titles that have been on your shelves, it's up to you! I've chosen ten books I hope to read this summer. The first two are yet to be released, but the rest are books I really want to read, and they are in no particular order.


1. Resistance by C.J. Daugherty (To be released)(Night School, #4)
2. Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout (To be Released)(Lux, #5)
3. Hallowed by Cynthia Hand (Unearthly, #2)
4. Breakable by Tammara Webber
5. The Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan
6. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
7. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
8. Matched by Allie Condie
9. The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
10. Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh (Nevermore, #2)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...