Friday 2 May 2014

Feature & Follow Friday: I'm a Featured Blogger this Week!!



I'm featured!! Oh my goodness, thank you to both Alison and Parajunkee! *tackle-hugs*


Feature and Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Check out their posts for all the guidelines and info!


Feature Questions:



When did you start blogging?


I created my blog at the end of January of this year (2014), but I didn’t start fully committing to posting until about a month later, toward the end of February.

I’m a complete newbie to blogging and I had only basic knowledge of coding (and I mean basic!) so it felt very overwhelming back then when I first started. I wasn’t very confident or happy with the layouts of things on blogger (plus, I’m a bit of a control freak…) so I decided to bite the bullet, so to speak, and learn a little on how to HTML customise and compose posts etc. I’m settling in a bit now, and really loving it.


What is your favorite part of book blogging?


The community. Before I started blogging, I could sense the close-knit vibes, but I didn’t really believe or understand it fully until I joined in. The friendliness, support and openness is incredible. I’m not the most outgoing person in the world, and to feel comfortable hopping from blog to blog is amazing.


What types of books do you mainly blog about?


I read all types of fiction, so it entirely depends on what mood I’m in at the time. I love anything with a paranormal or fantasy twist, so Sci-fi, Dystopian/Post-Apocalyptic, Urban Fantasy, Horror… I’ll read and blog about them all. I’m noticing I’ve starting to read more Contemporary fiction lately as well, so I guess I subconsciously decided I needed a change of pace!


What is your favorite book(s)?


This is a tough question to answer accurately, as I never have the same answer twice. My favourite classic would be Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, and that would be my most consistent answer! Everything else depends on my mind-frame on the day… so right now I’d answer The Hunger Games Trilogy by Susan Collins, Easy by Tammara Webber and Angelfall by Susan Ee.


What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?


I’m really new to blogging, so it’s hard to answer this. My answer is probably silly to a lot of the more established bloggers, but… the first time I got NetGalley approval to read an ARC. That was an awesome feeling!



And Onto This Weeks Question:


Share! Tell us about one of your hobbies that is NOT reading.



Apart from my not so little obsession with Chelsea Football Club, I have quite a few passions that aren’t book or reading related but the easiest to write up about is my love of music and photography.

Music:


I love music, who doesn’t? My musical tastes are pretty varied, but just like my books, I’m very picky about what I listen to. As long as it’s from the heart and you can sense the bands’ sincerity, passion and love for their lyrics and the music they create, I’m happy. I’m not into pop or hip hop, not my thing. To each their own, but I love old school music: the more guitars and drums the better! Rock; Metal; Grunge; Punk; Alternative… that’s me!

Surprisingly, (and I know someone who will faint if she reads this, as I keep it hidden!) but I actually like classical music. Serious! Yeah, I listen to Black Sabbath, Metallica, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Blur, Oasis, Slipknot, Katatonia, Nirvana, Evanescence, Nine Inch Nails, Pearl Jam, Manson, and anything involving Chris Cornell… and Bach, Chopin, Beethoven, and André Rieu.

*Shrugs* I guess I'm not the easiest person to figure out. ;-)

Photography:


My other passion is photography. I love wandering around with my dog, snapping random pictures of things. Living in Ireland, the weather doesn’t always agree with me, so any time we have dry weather I try to make the most of the camera.

My favourite subject to photograph is, well, my dog! I think she hates the camera and getting her picture taken, as I end up getting the evil-eye any time I try to take her picture! Or, she'll do exactly what she did when I took this picture: look away every time I go to snap a picture, and look back at me when I lower the camera. True story!




Follow on Bloglovin

I personally prefer bloglovin', but my Twitter, email follow, and RSS links are in the side bar, pick your preferred poison, thanks :)




45 comments:

  1. Congrats on being featured!/ I actually really like classical music. I know people would be surprised to hear me say that but when I heard Vivaldi's Four Seasons I fell in love with the genre. :) Old Follower
    This Girl Reads Alot F&F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jazmen. That's really good song. Für Elise for piano was mine. I use to play when I was a kid, but didn't take it seriously back then :)

      Delete
  2. Wow awesome! Congrats on being featured! I love classical music as well; it just puts me in a happy mood all the time :) And as for photography, I think that's amazing. I've always wanted to get into it, but I've never had the time or equipment. Again congrats on being featured! New Follower via Bloglovin! Check out my FF :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely, I listen classical I'm reading and there is a lot of back-ground noise. I have an no-vocals playlist for when I'm reading, lol.

      Don't worry about photography kit, just concentrate on the pictures. Just a basic camera is all you need to begin with, the rest will come =)

      Delete
  3. Hopping through. Congrats on being featured! I love music too. I've always like Nirvana. On the classical side, my favs are Ralph Vaughn Williams and Dvorak.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for choosing me Alison! I've liked Nirvana since I was a kid, never stopped liking them really. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. First CONGRATS on being a feature!! That's awesome!!! Photography is really cool. I use to do a little bit when I was in high school but kind of fell away from it. It is really cool you use your dog for most of your pictures. What a cutie!!

    I'm a new follower via bloglovin'!

    Heather @ Ya Fantasy Book Junkie  

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I love photography. It's the perfect opportunity to just clear your head and snap away :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats on being featured & YAY FOR PHOTOGRAPHY! I love photography and learning new and old ways of developing concepts :D

    -Novel Reveries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deneé! I love the freedom photography gives. No need to stay within the rules, just do what's best for you. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on getting featured..:)
    I love good photos but have no idea of photography..:)
    Old follower..
    -Njkinny @Njkinny's World of Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being featured! I love music as well. I never would have thought to put that as my hobby. Photography is very cool too. Old follower. Have a great weekend.

    Lacie @ Rainy Dayz Reviewz
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I spend almost as much time surrounded by music as books, so I definitely class it as a passion / hobby :) Have a good weekend and thanks for stopping by Lacie!

      Delete
  8. Congrats on getting featured, I'm super new to blogging too and I just got approved on NetGalley and I kind of freaked haha!
    New Bloglovin' & Twitter follower :)
    My FF
    Hannah @ The Book Landslide

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a surreal thing to happen isn't it! I mean, I knew about it for so long, but to sign up and actually get approved is two completely different things! Thanks for stopping by Hannah, best of luck with the blog!

      Delete
  9. What a gorgeous dog! I also love photography :) Congratulations on being featured! Old follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keeley. And LOL don't let the looks fool you, she totally rules the house! Have a great weekend :)

      Delete
  10. I love music as well. I have played piano my entire life and actually listen to most any genre as well. Thanks for a great post and congrats on the feature!

    I am an old bloglovin friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristalyn! I played piano when I was a kid, but I didn't really enjoy it back then - typical kid really - but I still love music in general =) Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  11. Congrats on being a feature! You'll definitely get the hang of blogging soon! I started about a year ago, and while I still can't do much coding, I've learned a lot and really enjoy it! Sometimes I still feel lost, but at least its fun!

    Tina @ Pages of Comfort - new follower via bloglovin
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina! I'm really enjoying blogging at the minute, and yes, I too find quite a bit of it confusing! But we'll get there, lols. Have a great weekend =)

      Delete
  12. Congrats on being a feature!

    I was going to list music as one of my hobbies too! I don't think I could live without music. If you enjoy music with feeling, I'd like to suggest Pink Floyd and The Beatles. And not just because they're two of my all time favorite bands. (Well that might be a little of it. Hehe.) But the music they make is just so powerful and you can sense the passion. I also love Nirvana!!! You rock, girlie!

    New bloglovin follower!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I really like Pink Floyd and the Beatles, too! Check out Katatonia. They're Swedish, and I love 'em to bits. A friend of mine introduced me to them a few years ago, and I've been listening to them all the time since. My Twin and Omerta are two of my favs :) Thanks for stopping by Elizabeth, great to meet someone with similar tastes in music!

      Delete
  13. Congrats on being featured! You have pretty interesting hobbies, I have a lot of friends who love photography and they're such fun to be around, I can only assume the same applies to you :)

    New follower!

    Bayan @ The Booklicker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, awww thanks Bayan, I hope it applies to me! Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend =)

      Delete
  14. Congratulations on being featured!
    Laura
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on being featured! I also like music :)

    New Bloglovin' Follower
    My FF .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Zareena! Have a great weekend :)

      Delete
  16. I love that photo of your dog! I like to take pictures of my cat. My iPhone is full of them.

    Congrats on your feature! Happy FF! Old bloglovin, new twitter follower.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassi, and yep, I'm guilty of that too. I keep telling myself to take pics of other things, but then my dog does something cute, and I end up taking a pic of her instead! Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  17. YAY for being featured! Congrats!! And I like taking pictures myself. But have no talent for it. I just like snapping my camera and random things and clicking the button! I wanted to do photography in high school but a requirement was basically to take a class that involved drawing and I have NO artistic talents in that area as well. So I never got to take the class. :(

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drawing never was my thing either. That's a strange requirement to have for photography... it's all about having an "eye" for a picture, not to actually draw a picture :( Never to late to start though... ;)

      Thanks for stopping by Jessica!

      Delete
  18. Congrats on being featured!

    You have such a beautiful dog! Her coloring is really eye-catching.

    New follower via Twitter, Google+, and BlogLovin.

    My FF: http://booksnifferbookreviews.blogspot.com/2014/05/feature-follow-friday-hobbies-besides.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by, have a great weekend =)

      Delete
  19. That's awesome that you like Evanescence- they are probably my favorite band of all time. You should check out We Are the Fallen which consists of old members of Ev who created a new band that I think is just as good!
    New bloglovin' follower

    My #FF @MissBehavior

    ReplyDelete
  20. Replies
    1. LOL, she can be a little diva when she wants to! I love her to bits though :)

      Delete
  21. I love music too, classical included!
    New follower through Google+

    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on being featured! Love the music range. Hey, in the end, it all builds on EVERYTHING that came before.New follower via Bloglovin'. My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, so true. I think that's why I like the older stuff, it's more honest, or pure in a way. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  23. Congrats on being a feature this week.
    I'm a new follower via Bloglovin.
    I love to take pictures all of the time, too!
    Here's my FF
    Megan @ Love, Literature, Art, and Reason

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...