Wednesday 23 September 2015

WoW #64: Our Lady of the Ice by Cassandra Rose Clarke



This week, I'm waiting on...


Our Lady of the Ice


by Cassandra Rose Clarke


  Our Lady of the Ice
by Cassandra Rose Clarke  book cover


Expected publication: October 27th 2015

Genres: Science Fiction; Young Adult


Add to Goodreads


Hope City, Antarctica. The southernmost city in the world, with only a glass dome and a faltering infrastructure to protect its citizens from the freezing, ceaseless winds of the Antarctic wilderness. Within this bell jar four people–some human, some not–will shape the future of the city forever:

Eliana Gomez, a female PI looking for a way to the mainland.

Diego Amitrano, the right-hand man to the gangster who controls the city’s food come winter.

Marianella Luna, an aristocrat with a dangerous secret.

Sofia, an android who has begun to evolve.

But the city is evolving too, and in the heart of the perilous Antarctic winter, factions will clash, dreams will shatter, and that frozen metropolis just might boil over…



Did you read that synopsis?! It. Sounds. EPIC! I love everything about it. The idea of domed cities always fascinates (okay, and scares) me, and the idea of being stuck in a domed city in Antarctica … wow. Oh, and androids! Let’s not forget the awesomeness of androids.


What do you think of Our Lady of the Ice? Have you read any of Cassandra Rose Clarke’s other books? I’ve had some of them on my to-read list for so long, but haven’t got around to getting them. And what upcoming releases are you looking forward to reading? Thanks for stopping by!


* Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. *




6 comments:

  1. I agree it does sound Epic! can't wait for your review

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of this one but I loved her previous works. Thanks for sharing it Alma :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen! Glad to hear her other books were great! I need to move them up my TBR list :D

      Delete
  3. Ooh that's a new to me one! Sounds awesome!

    Here’s my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope it's awesome! Thanks for stopping by, Jessica :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...