Friday 18 September 2015

Unpopular Opinions Tag


The Unpopular Opinions Book Tag

I’ve seen this tag around the blogosphere for a while now, and I’d love to take part. Unpopular opinions can open quite a few cans of worms… but hey, these just are my opinions. We’re all good friends and can speak openly and honestly here, right?? The pitch-forks can take a nice spa break for a while!



1. A Popular Book or Series You Didn’t Like


The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. Oh, this book. I was expecting an epically bloody battle between two extremely powerful and lethal magicians with awesomeness flying everywhere … but I ended up with an anticlimactic love story set in a circus between two painfully bland characters. Extremely disappointing doesn’t even begin to cover it!



2. A Book or Series That Everyone Seemed to Hate, But You Loved


Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Twilight is the cool thing to pick on these days, and I firmly blame the movies. I will admit that if I read them for the first time now, they probably wouldn’t have quite the same impact on me, but *shrugs*, I still love ‘em.



3. A Love Triangle Where the Person Ended Up With the Person You Did Not Want or an OTP You Didn’t Like


Humm, how to avoid spoilers… If I just casually mention The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa? I abandoned it after the second book because… well, me no likey what’s obviously gonna happen!



4. A Popular Book Genre You Hardly Reach For


Contemporary. I try! I really, really do, but I usually have the worst luck with contemporary reads. The first few chapters are always fun… but then it all becomes so drama filled and too much like real life.



5. A Popular Beloved Character That You Do Not Like


Ooohhh. This is going to be extremely unpopular. *Deep breaths* Ok, I’ll just say it… Four from the Divergent Trilogy. Oh gosh, you’re gonna hate me for this, I know it, but… he’s just fake. Fake, fake, fake, I’m so sorry don't kill me!


*Begins backing away from the pitch-forks*


Excuse me for a moment...




6. A Popular Author That You Can’t Get Into


Humm, right now, I have to say Cassandra Clare. I know how beloved the Mortal Instruments series is, but, urgh, I don’t know what it is, but her writing style just doesn’t do it for me. I really disliked it in City of Bones, and I didn’t enjoy The Iron Trial either. I have made a little commitment to read the first three books in the Mortal Instruments series as I’ve heard the third book is where things begin to get interesting… so we’ll see how my opinion changes when I read City of Glass!



7. A Popular Book Trope That You’re Tired of Seeing


Out of all bookish tropes, there’s only one that’ll make me hate a book, and that’s Insta-love. Somehow, I don’t think this is an unpopular opinion… but I’m honestly curious! Does anybody like insta-love?



8. A Popular Series You Have No Intention of Reading


50 Shades of Grey. It’s not going to happen!



9. What Movie or TV Show Do You Prefer More Than the Books

The Maze Runner. The book was good, but the movie was a zillion times better. The grievers were a let-down in the books – they just weren’t scary or threatening enough. But in the movie, they were soooo much better!



I Tag: YOU! If you haven’t taken part and would like to, consider yourself tagged!

Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Reading!




3 comments:

  1. I was pretty disappointed by my introduction to Cassandra Clare too. Granted, I tried reading the Infernal Device series instead of everyone's beloved Mortal Instruments. The pacing seemed really slow and I didn't really care about the characters.

    Twilight...I have a love hate relationship with the series. I actually really enjoyed the first two books, but I didn't like the last two. And I actually enjoyed the movies more than the books, bad acting aside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute book tag. I haven't seen this particular one going around, but I really like it. I have to say, I'm one of those people who never even wanted to touch Twilight. I just wanted nothing to do with it. But I'm glad you liked it. :)
    Ciera @ The Write Things

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oo this tag is very interesting! :) I'm so there with you on the Contemporary genre, I read to get away from real life. I also found the Maze Runner movie to be so much better than the book. I didn't even bother carrying on with the series. And insta-love, I hate hate it! It is unrealistic and stupid. Love your ansers! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...