Tuesday 22 September 2015

My Autumn 2015 To-Read List



Being a mood-reader makes choosing books for to-read lists nice and tricky. Right this second the books I’ve chosen for Autumn 2015 look really appealing… but will they look as appealing in five or six weeks? Err… hopefully!


I did pretty well with my summer reading list this year: I read 7 out of 10! I am planning to read Red Queen very soon, so that’ll be another from the list completed. I have every appendage crossed that I’ll have the same success this autumn!


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme run by The Broke and the Bookish.




The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey // Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J. K. Rowling
// Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride // The Coldest Girl in Coldtown
by Holly Black
// The Falconer by Elizabeth May


With The 5th Wave movie on the way soon, I think it’s about time I read this book! I’ve only got two more books left in the Harry Potter series, and I hope to have it completed by the end of the year. I really regret not reading the series all those years ago. I’d love to be able to set aside a week or so to purely focus on both the Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hollows… we’ll see! Hold Me Closer, Necromancer, The Coldest Girl in Coldtown and The Falconer have been catching my eye the past month or so, and I’m finally going to give in and read them.




Ghost Flower by Michele Jaffe // The Scorch Trials by James Dashner //
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor // Lord of Misrule by Rachel Caine
// The Winner’s Crime by Marie Rutkoski


Out of these five, The Winner’s Crime and Daughter of Smoke and Bone are the ones I’m most anxious to read. The hype surrounding both is pretty huge, so I really hope I love them. I’m determined to chip away at the Morganville Vampire series, and once I complete Lord of Misrule I’ll only have ten left. (*gulp* Heeelp!) Again, with the movie coming up, I want to read The Scorch Trials as soon as I can. I bought Ghost Flower a couple of year ago, around the same time I bought a similar book, The Lost Girl. I read the latter, but Ghost Flower was pushed aside for so long, and it’s about time I gave it a go.



How many books did you manage to read from your TBR list this time around? Most of the time I end up predicting the books I DON’T read, rather than the books I WILL read! I hope I’m not the only one! What books are you planning on reading this autumn? And, have you read any of the books on my list? Which one do you think I should tackle immediately?


Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Reading!




18 comments:

  1. Okay so I definitely recommend a few of these. Firstly, Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince is a really great instalment to the series and very dark in comparison to the earlier books. Daughter Of Smoke & Bone is AMAZING!!! Get onto it ASAP if you can, it's such a good read! I liked 'The Winner's Crime' too, certainly more than 'The Winner's Curse' it restored my faith in the series as I'm afraid to say the first book didn't grab me as much as I expected. If you liked the first book, you should definitely love the second though be prepared for a bit of tension and frustration!

    Check out my Top Ten Tuesday list!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendations, Katrina! I have a couple of review books I need to read this week, then I'll be digging into Half-Blood Prince, and I can't wait :D I hope I love The Winner's Crime. I loved the first book, so hopefully I'll love the sequel just as much. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. DEFINITELY, DEFINITELY get to those Harry Potter books. You will not be disappointed! I'm doing a re-read in December and I can't wait!

    I also have to read The 5th Wave...and before the movies comes out, preferably.

    Happy TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read the final two Harry Potter books! I am planning to read Half-Blood Prince within the next week, and hopefully I'll get around to the last one soon after :D

      I hope we both get to read the 5th Wave soon! I usually prefer reading the book before I watch the movie version, mainly to avoid spoilers. I watched the trailer a while back, and I really hope there wasn't any major spoilers in it! Sometimes they give too much away. Thanks for stopping by, Elizabeth!

      Delete
  3. Ah, please read The 5th Wave! It's so good! ...I actually haven't even read any of the Harry Potter books, I should have included those on my list! haha

    Here is my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely give the Harry Potter books a chance! I was a bit reluctant to start them as I've heard some of the magic is missing when you read them for the first time as an adult, but so far I've really enjoyed each one. And yay, I'm so glad you liked The 5th Wave! I really hope I can get around to it really soon. Thanks for stopping by, Molly!

      Delete
  4. The Winner's Crime was really good! Read that one soon! Great list :)
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, so glad you liked The Winner's Crime! I really hope I get to read it soon. Thanks for stopping by, Chelsea :)

      Delete
  5. Nice! I LOVED The 5th Wave! It was soooo good! Way different than what I expected and the sequel makes it even more intriguing!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh! I can't wait to read The 5th Wave now! And that's awesome that the sequel was just as good :D Thanks for stopping by, Jessica!

      Delete
  6. Great list! I LOVED The Winner's Crime! The others aren't on my Fall TBR list, but I hope to read them soon!

    My TTT

    Lizzie @ Big Books and Grande Lattes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzie! I loved the The Winner's Curse, and I can't wait to read the second book. I've tried to hold off reading it for a bit, but it's not going to last much longer :D

      Delete
  7. I read the Coldest Girl in Coldtown and the Winner's Crime earlier this year. I thoroughly enjoyed them both and hope you do as well.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so glad you liked The Coldest Girl in Coldtown! I came across a couple of iffy reviews after I bought it, so I've been unintentionally pushing it aside. Hopefully I'll love it :D Thanks for stopping by, Amanda!

      Delete
  8. I need to reread the HP series at some point - it's so good! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get the chance soon, Carrie! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. I hope you enjoy the last two Harry Potter books!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/09/22/top-ten-tuesday-23/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I do, too :D Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...