Wednesday 16 September 2015

WoW #63: Winter by Marissa Meyer



This week, I'm waiting on...


Winter


by Marissa Meyer


Winter by Marissa Meyer  book cover


Expected publication: November 10th 2015

Genres: Sci-Fi; Fantasy; Retellings; Young Adult


Add to Goodreads


Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mar her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.

Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won’t approve of her feelings for her childhood friend–the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn’t as weak as Levana believes her to be and she’s been undermining her stepmother’s wishes for years. Together with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, Winter might even have the power to launch a revolution and win a war that’s been raging for far too long.

Can Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, and Winter defeat Levana and find their happily ever afters?



I read Cress earlier on this year, and I’ll be honest with you, I lost some of my anticipation for Winter after reading it. I liked it, but I had expected … more! Shortly after reading Cress, I picked up a copy of Fairest, and oh my goodness, everything changed. I can’t WAIT to see how this series ends! The 800+ page count is a bit intimidating, but it’ll be completely worth it.


Have you read any books in The Lunar Chronicles series? Which one has been your favourite so far? (My favourite was Scarlet :)) And what new releases are you eagerly awaiting this week? Thanks for stopping by!


* Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. *




4 comments:

  1. YES! So can't wait for this one! I think this is definitely my fave cover of the series!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine, too! I love this cover so much, and I really hope the book matches up to it :D Thanks for stopping by, Jessica!

      Delete
  2. YES! I'm so excited for this one!! I'm really hoping it lives up to the rest of the sereis!

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! I'm always a little apprehensive with the last book in the series, they can either be so perfect I can barely handle the awesome, or they fall a bit flat. I have all my fingers crossed that this one will be awesome! :D Thanks for stopping by, Tracy!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...