Tuesday 15 September 2015

I Love These Books, But I Don't Say It Often Enough



I don’t know about you, but when I write up Top Ten Tuesday posts I tend to keep using a similar pool of my favourite books continually. There is a good reason for this: they are genuinely my favourite reads! When the word ‘favourite’ is mentioned, I automatically reach for anything by Sarah J. Maas, or The Hunger Games, or Angelfall, or Pride and Prejudice… but what about the books that don’t quite break into this circle? They get pushed aside, but I still love them, too! So, I wanted to create a list of books that I love, but I don’t highlight that love often enough.


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme run by The Broke and the Bookish, and this week is a Freebie topic.



Nevermore by Kelly Creagh

Nevermore by Kelly Creagh

Ok, so I’ve mentioned my love for this book once or twice, but one more time won’t hurt! Nevermore is the first book in a trilogy that’s inspired by Edgar Allen Poe’s works, and as you can guess from the title, Nevermore is inspired by The Raven, and I love this book with all my heart. The story was so hauntingly beautiful, the writing style sublime, and hands down, Nevermore has one of the best slow-burn romances I’ve ever read. It was torture to read, but oh so awesome!



The Devil's Metal by Karina Halle The Devil's Reprise by Karina Halle

The Devil’s Duology, by Karina Halle

There are hundreds and hundreds of rock-star books floating around these days, but very few of them have managed to make me fall completely in love. But, when you add the 1970’s, journalism, heavy metal, demons, and Karina Halle to the mix, it results in a fabulous story. Both books are definitely worth a read if you love the sound of heavy metal, horror and the Devil colliding!



Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan

The Lynburn Legacy Series by Sarah Rees Brennan

Unspoken had been sitting on my to-read shelf for quite a while gathering dust, and after reading it, I really regret overlooking it for so long. I became completely obsessed with this series a couple of months ago – I ordered the second book on The Book Depository literally five minutes after finishing Unspoken. While I was waiting for it to arrive I devoured every novella attached to the series and drove myself crazy overthinking about what could possible happen next. And once Untold arrived I couldn’t begin reading it quick enough. Rinse and repeat with Unmade, and I knew I’d found a new favourite series. This is the first favourite type list I’ve included it on, and I don’t think it’ll be the last!



Slammed by Colleen Hoover

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

I read Slammed a while after reading Easy by Tammara Webber when I was in the middle of my New Adult phase back in 2013, and this is one of the few NA books I’d love to re-read someday. I’m guilty of overlooking Slammed in favour of Easy, but that doesn’t mean Slammed doesn’t deserve a place on my favourite list, too!



Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi

Under the Never Sky Trilogy by Veronica Rossi

I know I’ve talked about and included Perry, Aria and Roar in some of my favourite characters lists in the past, but I don’t remember including the series as a whole in a favourites list. Well, just in case I haven’t, here it is! I loved everything about Under the Never Sky, and I was completely in awe that the second book, Through the Ever Night, was even better.




Tunnel Vision by Susan Adrian

Tunnel Vision by Susan Adrian

There aren’t that many YA books told from a male characters perspective that I enjoyed, but Tunnel Vision is one of those rare gems that I completely fell in love with. Jake is completely adorable, and I loved every single page told from his perspective. Plus, this book has one of the best and sweetest brother-sister relationships I’ve ever read about. Seriously, I can’t recommend this book highly enough!




Say Her Name by James Dawson

Say Her Name by James Dawson

Yeah, yeah, I know! I’ve talked about this one quite a few times since I read it, but it needs to get another mention. Horror books rarely scare me, and Say Her Name managed to do this spectacularly well. I’ll never be able to think about the Bloody Mary tale again without remembering this book!



The Unearthly Trilogy by Cynthia Hand

The Unearthly trilogy always takes a back seat to Angelfall when I think of books exploring angels and demons, and it’s not really fair on these awesome books. The Unearthly series takes a more traditional approach to angel lore, and let’s not forget the most awesome part: Tucker! Love him so much!



Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Reading!




10 comments:

  1. Okay, I REALLY need to read Nevermore! It's literally sitting on my bookshelf and I just haven't gotten around to it. I also really want to read Say Her Name because I never find horror books that are actually scary! Maybe this one will do the trick... Great topic!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, YES, you need to read Nevermore! I really hope you'll like it, I want someone to fangirl with :D Thanks for stopping by, Tracy!

      Delete
  2. The Under the Never Sky trilogy will always be one of my favourite series. From the world building, to the characters, I love everything about it. I've heard great things about Nevermore and I definitely plan on checking it out. Great topic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lois! I adore the Under the Never Sky trilogy, too. I'd love to be able to reread it at some point, but I'm always afraid it won't be quite the same, or my opinions will change. I really doubt they will - I'll probably only love the books even more!

      Delete
  3. OOoh nice topic and picks! I too enjoyed the Unearthly trilogy and Under the Never Sky! Great picks!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I discovered The Lynburn Legacy through another TTT post - looking forward to reading them someday soonish My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I really hope you love them! They completely took me by surprise, and I'll cherish them for a long time to come :) Thanks for stopping by, Carrie!

      Delete
  5. The only one ones on this list that I have read is the Unearthly series. They are good books.
    The series I absolutely adore but have not yet told the entire world about is the Green Rider series by Kristen Britain. Everyone who like fantasy at all should go read them immediately. Like I said, I adore them.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh! I haven't heard of that series! I need to check this out :D Thanks for the rec and for stopping by, Amanda!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...