Wednesday 8 October 2014

WoW #29 - Hold Me Like a Breath by Tiffany Schmidt



Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Hold Me Like a Breath by Tiffany Schmidt


Expected publication: May 19th 2015 by Bloomsbury

Genres: Retelling; Fantasy; Young Adult


Add to Goodreads


Hold Me Like a Breath by  Tiffany Schmidt   book cover

Penelope Landlow has grown up with the knowledge that almost anything can be bought or sold—including body parts. She’s the daughter of one of the three crime families that control the black market for organ transplants.

Penelope’s surrounded by all the suffocating privilege and protection her family can provide, but they can't protect her from the autoimmune disorder that causes her to bruise so easily.

And in her family's line of work no one can be safe forever.

All Penelope has ever wanted is freedom and independence. But when she’s caught in the crossfire as rival families scramble for prominence, she learns that her wishes come with casualties, that betrayal hurts worse than bruises, that love is a risk worth taking . . . and maybe she’s not as fragile as everyone thinks.


Hang on a minute… is this… it’s… a Princess and the Pea retelling?!

SOLD!!

I can’t wait for this, it sounds so good! A black market trading body parts? Yep, I'm intrigued! I love retellings, but I don’t remember reading a Princess and the Pea retelling before. If I did it mustn’t have been very good, as I can’t remember it!


What are you waiting on this week? Leave a link to your post so I can stop by!



30 comments:

  1. A WHAT retelling?! Yes!! This book looks amazing! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds soooo awesome! There is quite a wait-time, but hopefully it'll be totally worth it! :D

      Delete
  2. *adds to Goodreads*

    This sounds fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds so good, doesn't it! I can't wait to read it, and hopefully it's amazing :D

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I don't really get the retelling, but it sounds good anyway. ;)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Fingers crossed* it'll turns out to be amazing! :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous cover and blurb! Thanks for sharing and enjoy....and if you have time, here's mine: “THOSE GIRLS”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurel! I agree, the cover is so pretty!

      Delete
  5. First I was captured by the cover, and then I read the very unique synopsis and I was sold. So glad you featured this book this week!!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it Kay! Hopefully it's as amazing as it sounds :D

      Delete
  6. OOooh!! Love the cover and a fairy tale retelling?! Already more than intrigued!!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Hope it's amazing :D Thanks Jessica!

      Delete
  7. Ohhh this is fantastic!! Im so glad you came to visit me earlier and told me about this fantabulous book hope this is good too and well squee in April when An Ember in Ashes finally comes out 📚❤️
    ❤ Brittany @
    Please Feed the Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An Ember in Ashes sounds so amazing! Hopefully both books will be epic :D Thanks for stopping by Brittany!

      Delete
  8. This really does sounds so original!! It almost looks like it's going to be a cross between Princess and the Pea and House of the Scorpion. Which is SOOO exciting!! lol, I can't even begin to imagine what this story is going to be like. Thanks for sharing!!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I know what you mean, I have no idea how it'll be handled, but it sound so amazing! *Fingers crossed* it'll be epic :D

      Delete
  9. Ummm,. yea, just added this to my TBR! Awesome pick!

    Here's my WoW

    Xoxo. Alexis @ Lexi Swoons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Lexi! Hopefully Hold me Like a Breath will be amazing :D

      Delete
  10. I'm a sucker for retellings, and this one sounds fantastic! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope it turns out to be amazing! I love retellings as well, I'm always swayed to give them a shot :D

      Delete
  11. I LOVE retellings! And I love this bookcover! Great pick, thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is so pretty! Thanks for stopping by, Margie :)

      Delete
  12. OMG THAT COVER!!!!! Thanks for stopping by my post earlier, sorry for late reply :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover, too! Hope it turns out to be an amazing book, thanks for stopping by Ellie :)

      Delete
  13. WHAAA? How did I miss what this was about???? I NEEEEEEEED IT NOW. Oh my gosh. Great pick!!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY, glad you like it! I cannot wait for this book :D It sounds so amazing, and I really, really hope it's as awesome as the blurb sounds. Thanks for stopping by, Rachel!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...