Tuesday 16 June 2015

My Summer 2015 TBR List



I had a quick glance back at my Spring TBR list, and I had hoped to read at least five books out of ten.

I read two.



Well, there is a bright side to this: it can only get better from here!

I’m choosing books I already own so I can avoid the temptation of pre-ordering more!


eBooks


We Were Liars Not a Drop to Drink

I bought both We Were Liars and Not a Drop to Drink when they were on sale last year, and they’ve been hidden away on my Kindle App ever since. I usually favour physical books over ebooks mainly because I walk right by my TBR bookshelves every time I walk in my bedroom door, and it's easier to pick a book that's right in front of me instead of rooting around on my iPad!


Physical Books

I’ve started so many different series, and I’d love to start catching up and keep up-to-date with new additions and releases. If I Should Die is the conclusion to the Revenants series, and I’ve had it sitting on my shelves for quite a while. Hopefully I’ll FINALLY get around to reading it over the next couple of months! I bought Fairest not too long ago, and I can’t wait to begin reading it soon. With Winter on the way, I’d love to read it sooner rather than later.


Then we have these little darlings. I have to confess… I’m SCARED to start some of these! I want to love Cruel Beauty, but what if I don’t?! And it’s the same with Snow Like Ashes and Red Queen. They’re hugely hyped books, and I really, really want to love them. I know I need to just read them and stop over-thinking… but it’s so hard! I don’t want to be bitten by the hype bug!



Have you read any of the books on my list, and which one should I read first? And what books are you hoping to read over the summer? Thanks for stopping by, and happy reading!




16 comments:

  1. I'm currently listening to The Ring and the Crown and so far I'm enjoying the alternate historical-fantasy. :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to try The Ring and the Crown! Hope you enjoyed it, and thanks for stopping by, Lauren :)

      Delete
  2. OMG! Please read Cruel Beauty ASAP!! I absolutely ADORE Rosamund Hodge! We have Not a Drop to Drink in common this week - I just bought it too! Good luck with your summer TBR!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! I NEED to read Cruel Beauty soon :D I really hope I love it *fingers crossed*

      Delete
  3. Oooh I love your picks Alma! I hope you enjoy Red Queen as much as I did :D We Were Liars was an okay book for me, a little too hyped up but I hope it doesn't disappoint you :-) Hope you get to read some of these :-) Here's my TTT if you would like to check it out :-) Have a great day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! I just read We Were Liars, and I completely agree. It was good, but didn't live up to the hype. I hope to get around to Read Queen soon! It looks like a really fab story :D

      Delete
  4. Oh nice! I still need to read Red Queen! And Not a Drop to Drink! Though I did LOVE Cruel Beauty, Snow Like Ashes, and Fairest! Hope you get to read all these this summer and love them!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh great choices. But I have to say I didn't LOVE Cruel Beauty, I liked it but didn't love it. I think I need to reread it as a lot of it went over my head but I know I'm probably never going to do that. Red Queen is on my list too. And Fairest was fab! And I think We Were Liars is a marmite book but I was on team-loved-it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read We Were Liars recently, and I'm on team right in the middle! I liked it, but it wasn't as amazing as I had expected. I think the hype took over a little too much. Thanks for stopping by, Trish :)

      Delete
  6. I never did read the McGinnis book, and wanted to. I kinda forgot about it. :( The rest of your list looks good too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also reading Snow Like Ashes this summer! AND I AM EXCITED. Ohhh I also have Cruel Beauty on my kindle. SO MANY BOOKS SO LITTLE TIME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I wish I could read, like, 20+ books a month, then I'd be able to keep on to of my tbr pile!

      Delete
  8. I loved Snow Like Ashes, and I'm one of the few fans of the Amy Plum series. Hope you enjoy it, and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first book in the Revenants series I was 50/50 on, but I really enjoyed the second one! Hopefully I love the conclusion just as much :D Thanks for stopping by, Jazmen.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...