Tuesday 30 June 2015

My 10 Favourite Books I've Read So Far in 2015



Just before I started typing up this post I had a quick look back at my 2014 So Far post, and I was some sort of reading demon last year! I had read 57 books?! I bow down to my previous awesome, ‘cause this year hasn’t been quite as good. In 2015 I’ve read 39 so far. Not bad, but I’m beginning to feel my competitive side emerging and I’m doing my best to squash it before it takes over!

This year I mightn’t be reading as much, but in general, I’m enjoying the books I’m reading more. Out of the 39 books I read, I rated 31 of them 3 Stars or above. This is awesome! I have been a lot picker with the books I'm reading, and I'm happy I've at least liked the vast majority of what I've read so far this year.



Unsurprisingly, the ten books I've chosen have come from the right hand side of that pie-chart! But, to rank or not to rank, that's the decision I've been battling with. Choosing the books was fairly easy, but the actual ranking part is so hard! I have accomplished this painful task, and I’m trying to refrain from changing the order again…


I'm linking up with the Top Ten Tuesday meme, run by The Broke and the Bookish.



Books Ten - Six



End of Days by Susan Ee Cress by Marissa Meyer Tunnel Vision by Susan Adrian

The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson Ensnared by A.G Howard

10End of Days by Susan Ee

9Cress by Marissa Meyer

8Tunnel Vision by Susan Adrian

7The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson

6Ensnared by A.G Howard



My Top Five




5Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch

I’d seen the hype for Snow Like Ashes, and it definitely didn’t disappoint. It was so entertaining and moreish, I loved it!




4Say Her Name by James Dawson

This is easily the best YA horror book I’ve read in a long, long time. Horror with blood flying everywhere doesn’t scare me, but when you have an atmosphere with a psychological element that slowly builds until you can cut the tension with a knife and then all hell breaks loose, oh gosh it’s awesome! I highly, highly recommend Say Her Name if you like scary books. Just… don’t say Bloody Mary five times into a mirror at midnight. And avoid dripping taps. And puddles. Just saying.




3The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski

I was really hesitant to read The Winner’s Curse, but I’m so glad I gave in and read it a couple of weeks ago – I loved it! I had seen so much love for the trilogy all around the ‘sphere, I was so scared the hype monster would have gotten to me. I need to get my hands on book two!




2An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

This. Book. Was. FABULOUS! I loved how dark, bleak and intense it was. For a YA book, I was really impressed with how far it went. Plus, I really liked the characters and that’s always a huge plus point for me!




1A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

I don’t think choosing A Court of Thorns and Roses as my favourite of my favourites is too shocking! I read it back in February, and it’s the one book that’s hasn’t really left my mind since reading it. It’s a little early to call, but it’ll probably still be in my top three by the end of the year. Queen of Shadows IS on the horizon… so that could change things!



Have you read any of the books on my list? What did you think of them? And! Do we share any favourites? Thanks for stopping by!




20 comments:

  1. Great list! The Winner's Curse is the only one that also made my list but I also loved Cress, Snow Like Ashes, and ACOTAR.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad you loved them, even though they didn't make your list :D Thanks for stopping by, Cassi!

      Delete
  2. I Liked your list.
    And Cress is one of my favorite book for 2014 <3
    Also I'm currently reading The Winner's Curse and can't wait to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Winner's Curse was so good! I just bought The Winner's Crime and I can't WAIT to start reading it :)

      Delete
  3. A Kiss of Deception was a weird read for me. It wasn't my favorite, but yet I have known all along I would read the next one when it was released. I think I gave ACOTAR 4 stars but to be honest, the first 2/3 of the book I planned on giving it 2. I am glad I persevered though. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooh very nice! Lots of ACOTAR love today! YAY!! Loved that one too! I still need to read An Ember in the Ashes and End of Days, but I have them in the TBR Mountain of Doom! I read Kiss of Deception, Ensnared, Cress last year, but I did enjoy them! Snow Like Ashes made my list as well! Great picks!!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY, so glad you loved ACOTAR too :D Thanks for stopping by, Jessica!

      Delete
  5. Nice list of books!! Thanks for sharing your favorite reads of the year so far with us!! I have some new to me titles to check out and potentially add to my ever growing reading wishlist!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/06/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-ive-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I've only read Cress, but I need to read the rest here!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you enjoy them all, Lauren! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. Great list! I really want to check out Snow Like Ashes and An Ember in the Ashes. I'm hoping to read A Court of Thorns and Roses soon because everyone seems to love it.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I really hope you love ACOTAR! The first chunk of the book is a little slow, but the ending is phenomenal! Thanks for stopping by, Krystianna :)

      Delete
  8. I JUST finished Snow LIke Ashes, so I totally understand your love for it! AND I WILL BE SOON READING THE REST OF THESE BOOKS! Hopefully. Like the Winner's Curse, and Ember, And ACOTAR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY, so glad you loved Snow LIke Ashes, Val! And I really really hope you love the Winner's Curse, ACOTAR and Embers :D

      Delete
  9. So many of these are on my list today too! I especially loved ACOTAR and An Ember in the Ashes! I really want to read Say Her Name after seeing it on a few different blogs. Great list! :D

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I really hope you enjoy Say Her Name! Thanks for stopping by, Tracy :)

      Delete
  10. I'm in love with End of Days! I still haven't read ACOTAR but I really want to. Great list!

    Sofia @ SofiaLovesReading

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...