Tuesday 2 June 2015

Books I'd Love to See on the Big (or Little) Screen



I’m always so excited when I find out a book I like has been optioned for a movie or TV show. Then, once the excitement dies down, the dread settles in. I want it to be epic… but half the time I end up really disappointed. (The Hunger Games movies are the only exception. I love 'em!) So, my list comes with a little stipulation: if they’re handled a zillion percent perfectly in every way, – perfect cast, perfect script, perfectly awesome cinematography etc – then I’d love to see these books on screen!

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme run by The Broke and the Bookish.


Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas Say Her Name by James Dawson Splintered by A.G Howard

- Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas – Ok, I debated including this one. It’s become one of my favourite series and we’re only half-way through, and it would be absolutely horrible to see it ruined by a terrible script and poor casting. BUT, since everything works out perfectly on my list, I have to include it – how could I not?! If I’m honest, I’d prefer to see it as a TV series or something similar. The amount of detail in these books is incredible, and to see it condensed into a movie seems a little bit wasteful.

- Say Her Name by James Dawson – Say Her Name is easily the best YA horror book I’ve read in a long, long time. It’s really scary, and I’d love if that atmosphere could be translated onscreen… oh gosh, it would be so amazing. A movie would definitely be my pick.

- Splintered by A.G Howard – Oh, you know me; you knew this choice was coming! I would LOVE to see this darker version of Wonderland come to life. (And let’s not forget Morpheus in all his mothly glory…) Now, I’d love if this became a TV series, but I think a movie would probably suit it better. But then this raises a huge question: who in the world would you cast as Morpheus?! Unfortunately, Johnny Depp is getting on in years. He's one of the few actors I could see capturing Morpheus' character perfectly, and it's such a shame we can't our hands on a time machine...

Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas Nevermore by Kelly Creagh

- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers – I could picture this trilogy as a fabulous TV series. The book is written in the first person, and I’d love to see the rest of the world being explored in more detail. Maybe something along the lines of how they handled Mockingjay (which I thought was so well done.)

- Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas – Can you imagine this book as a movie?! Oh wow, I’d love to see everyone’s reaction to the ending, especially if they hadn’t read the book prior to seeing the movie!

- Nevermore by Kelly Creagh – An Ode to Poe on the big screen. I’m still completely obsessed with this book, and it’s been well over a year since I’ve read it. I would LOVE to see it perfectly translated onto the big screen. If the atmosphere was captured… wow, it would be awesome!

These 4 books have either been optioned or are rumoured to be in development, and I just had to include them in my list!
Angelfall by Susan Ee Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout Cinder by Marissa Meyer

- Angelfall by Susan Ee – If this comes true, please be perfect please be perfect please be perfect please be perfect please be perfect ad infinitum…

- Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi – I haven’t seen a lot of news about this one recently, and I really hope it’ll happen! I would love to see the setting come to life – I’ve got all these ideas about how Reverie looks, but it’d be fabulous to see it on screen.

- Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout – I remember when this was announced, and I was super excited about it. I honestly think it would make a great movie, but I have a fear that nobody will be able to portray Daemon Black correctly… Plus, the original cover models are almost identical to the character descriptions in the book and it’ll be extremely hard to see someone else in those roles. BUT, since everything will work out perfectly in my list, we won’t have to worry!

- Cinder by Marissa Meyer – Technically, I’d love to see the entire Lunar Chronicles come to life onscreen, not just Cinder :D I could imagine it either as a movie or a TV series… either one would be amazing to see. I know it’s been optioned, but I personally haven’t seen any details recently. Hopefully it’ll happen!



How do you feel about book to movie adaptations? Do you get the same happy-happy-dread feeling I do? And! Which upcoming adaptations are you most looking forward to??

Thanks for stopping by!



12 comments:

  1. What a great post! I'm pretty excited to read Throne of Glass. Everyone seems to be raving about it!

    It would be great if you check out my blog!

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samantah :) Throne of Glass is awesome!! It's one of my favourite series, (so I might be a little biased), but definitely try it soon! Hope you love it :)

      Delete
  2. Great list! I also picked Throne of Glass and almost chose The Lunar Chronicles. I haven't read Dangerous Girls but it's definitely the kind of book I would watch as a movie.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Cassi! It would be awesome to see Throne of Glass on screen :D

      Delete
  3. Um... so, Throne of Glass is on so many lists today! I got it yesterday so I guess I need to read it ASAP! I totally agree with Splintered and Cinder! They would be so great!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Throne of Glass <3 So glad you love it :D

      Delete
  4. Oooh nice! I chose the Splintered trilogy as well! Wonderland would be a delight to see!! And wow! So many peeps are choosing the Lunar Chronicles! I think that would be great on the screen as well, though I didn't include it in my ten!

    Angelfall! Love that series and still need to read the finale, would also make a great movie or TV series! The same as Under the Never Sky! I almost chose the Lux series but feared the Daemon actor would not live up to my expectations, in appearance...and just everything! Though it wouldn't stop me from watching it! LOL!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I just can't imagine anyone being Daemon! And LOL, I'd end up watching, but I don't know if I'd end up being happy. I'd end up griping from the beginning to end! Thanks for stopping by, Jessica!

      Delete
  5. I am not extremely interested in Say My Name because it just SOUNDS creepy and I've seen it on a couple of lists now. Hmmm. AND YES TO THE LUNAR CHRONICLES! YES. And THRONE OF GLASS :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's veeery creepy! :D I would LOVE to see both The Lunar Chronicles and Throne of Glass come to life! Hope awesome would that be :D Thanks for stopping by, Val!

      Delete
  6. Dangerous Girls and Throne of Glass were on my list this week too. I'm so happy to have seen Dangerous Girls on so many lists this week, I never realised how popular it was with bloggers!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/06/02/top-ten-tuesday-7/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...