Saturday 27 June 2015

June 2015 Wrap-Up




Life Re-Cap


I’ve been in lovely denial land for quite a while, and I think it’s about time I face up to the truth… I’m struggling with blogging right now. The passion I had last year has been missing for a while and sometimes it feels like I’m blogging on vapours. It’s so hard to describe how I’m feeling… kind of hollow and without a proper focus. When I think about blogging, the guilt starts to creep in about how I’ve let things slide, and I become overwhelmed with everything I need to do. It doesn’t help that the family situation I mentioned last month hasn’t improved. I won’t to go into that as this post is turning very depressing all of a sudden!

I want to say a huge thank you to everyone that's stuck by me the past few months that I've been all over the place. It means the world to me that you visit this little corner of the internet. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. You don't know just how much it means to me. xx


I’m linking up to both Stacking the Shelves and The Sunday Post memes this weekend.



What I Read in June

Reading has become my big distraction this month – well, reading and playing The Sims 4! I gave in and bought the Get to Work expansion recently, and I like it. The vanilla base game was really disappointing, but this expansion pack has been a lot of fun. But, back to books!

I’ve read 6 books so far and DNF’d 1, which makes 7 books read, two months in a row! This is huge. I think I might be settling back into my old reading pattern. It’s taken three and a half months, but YAY!! It helps that I’ve read some awesome books this month. Oh gosh, I loved, loved, LOVED The Winner’s Curse, An Ember in the Ashes, and Snow like Ashes. WHY hadn’t I read them sooner?!


The Hit by Allen Zadoff Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine The Winner’s Curse  by Marie Rutkoski – 5 Stars

Give up the Ghost by Megan Crewe An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke

Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch

The Hit by Allen Zadoff – 2.5 Stars
Midnight Alley by Rachel Caine – 3 Stars
The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski – 5 Stars
Give up the Ghost by Megan Crewe - DNF
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir – 5+ Stars
Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke – 1.5 Stars
Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch – 4.5 Stars (maybe 5… haven’t decided!)


Wow, my star ratings have been all over the place! There is still some time left in June and I’m currently reading two books.

Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan Waterfall by Lauren Kate

I started Waterfall at the beginning of the month, but it hasn’t really held my interest for long. I plan on chipping away at it and finish it as soon as I can. I plan to start Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan later on today, and I’d love to have it finished by the end of the month, but no rush.



Books I Got this Month

Does pre-ordering a book count? I did pre order Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas because Queen. Of. Shadows! It was physically impossible for me NOT to pre-order it at some stage.

Other than that, it’s zilch. Nada. Nothing. And this is a first! I feel strangely liberated by this, though. I’m finally chipping away at my TBR piles without replacing the books I’ve read with twice as many new books. I didn’t request or get any ARC’s either. I have one pending request, but that’s it. I’m determined to keep my Netgalley ratio nice and healthy now that it’s in good shape. My goal is to clear all Netgalley ARC’s on my to-read pile by the time Halloween rolls around. *Fingers crossed, knocks on wood, rubs a horseshoe, searches for a leprechaun for luck… totally normal stuff.*



On the Blog this Month

Review: Endgame by C.J. Daugherty

Books I'd Love to See on the Big (or Little) Screen

Review: The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker

My Summer 2015 TBR List

Review: The Hit by Allen Zadoff

Mini-Reviews: Midnight Alley and Give up the Ghost

Review: Twist by Karen Akins



What have you been up to this month? Any awesome reads you can recommend?


Have a fab weekend, and happy reading!




2 comments:

  1. It’s so awesome that you have Sims 4. I was obsessed with Sims 1 and 2 when I was a teenager. I played them constantly. I can’t play Sims 3 or 4 because I don’t have a computer that can run them. I do watch Let’s Plays on YouTube, though.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Sims 4 has improved quite a lot since the vanilla game was released! I love the new CAS though. It's insane how different and individual you can make each sim now :D Thanks for stopping by, AJ :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...