Saturday 21 February 2015

Weekly Wrap-Up (StS + SP) - Feb 8 - 21



I’m linking up to both Stacking the Shelves and The Sunday Post memes this weekend.


Re-Cap

This week hasn’t been one of my best weeks. Unfortunately, I’ve been feeling ill since Wednesday, and I haven’t had the energy to read or blog. Actually, everything blog related has been let slide, and I feel terrible about it. I tried for a half hour here and there, but I had to admit defeat and walk away. I’m still not feeling like my normal self, and I hope it’s not the beginnings of flu or something equally nasty.

I really, really hope next week will be MUCH better - both blog and health wise!


I did notice this little snippet of news on Twitter yesterday:


There is a New Splintered Novella on the way!


Seriously, this is the best news EVER! There are a few things I’d LOVE to happen in this novella… but I’m not going to say anything specific. But... they just might revolve around Morpheus. Because, let’s be honest here, my obsession with Morpheus shall never end!


Books I Bought

The books I ordered from The Book Depository finally showed up! Three Amazon’s showed up last week, and I’m including them here. It’s a total of 10 books, and I might be completely blissed out about this! My bank balance on the other hand is ready to strangle me…


Journey Through Fiction weekly wrap up
Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh, The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski Journey Through Fiction weekly wrap up
Gates of Thread and Stone by Lori M. Lee Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke Journey Through Fiction weekly wrap up
The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey Journey Through Fiction weekly wrap up
Hold Me Close, Necromancer by Lish McBride Cress by Marissa Meyer Journey Through Fiction weekly wrap up
Winterkill by Kate A. Boorman The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen Journey Through Fiction weekly wrap up

How in the world do I decide what to read next?! My eARC/review request list is still haunting me, though. Now that I have these shiny new books right within my line of sight – and my eARC’s hidden away on my iPad – it’ll be very hard to convince myself that I should stick to the ARC’s!



Books I Read


I’ve only read two books in two weeks - I feel like such a slacker!

I’m around three-quarters through Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers and I hope to have it completed over the weekend.

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas – Simply PERFECTION! I have a feeling it’ll be my best book of 2015. I know it’s a bit early to think about that, but YES, it’s that awesome! I’m debating pre-ordering a hardback or a paperback. (Hardback is winning right now.) But, I NEED TO REREAD IT!

Say Her Name by James Dawson – I loved it! I’ve been looking for a nice and scary read for a LONG time, and I finally found one! :D



On the Blog

Review: I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter

Romance in Books: My Likes and Dislikes

WoW #41: End of Days by Susan Ee

Review: Queen of Someday by Sherry D. Ficklin

Bookish Quotes I Love

Bookish Problems That Haunt Me


Have a great week, and Happy Reading!



11 comments:

  1. Don't you go worrying about blogs and things when you don't feel well! Get some rest and everything will still be there when you feel up to it. Hold me closer I thought was a decent read though on the younger side of YA reads. I love the cover for it as well. Shiny...! Hope you feel better soon and enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get some good rest! :-) Your blog will always be ready for you. You have got some amazing looking books this week. I can't wait to read The Kiss of Deception! My STS

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some great books this week. They look amazing.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome haul! I loved The 5th Wave and I've heard great things about The Winner's Curse. The Gates of Thread and Stone sounds like a really good read. I hope you enjoy your books and have a great week! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Great haul! I LOVED The 5th Wave and Cress! And SOOOO envious of ACOTAR!! Netgalley is still holding the requesting hostage or something because all I got is a thanks for letting us know you want to request the book! And I have auto approve for Bloomsbury!! It's driving me nutso! LOL!

    Hope you enjoy all your wonderful new reads!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of these but happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  7. THE FIFTH WAVE!!! I just read that one last weeks and it's definitely one of my favorite books ever now. But you got so many gorgeous books!! Jessica Sorenson is one of my favorite author's too, but I haven't read the one you bought from her. I would have no idea where to start either! Thanks for stopping by my STS and I hope you enjoy all you got!

    -Jessica (Peace Love Books)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry you've been feeling ill. But that is an awesome haul! I just read The Winner's Crime and it was beautiful, just like The Winner's Curse :D And ACOTAR!!! I am dying to read this book and can't wait for it to come out! Well, hope you have a lovely week and enjoy your new books.

    My StS
    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul! I want to read Say Her Name as well. Have a great week!
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great haul this week. I'm glad you loved ACOTAR so much, that book was incredible and definitely going to be one of my top reads of the year, if not the top one! I hope you start to feel better soon, I always struggle to read and blog when I'm not feeling well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...