Saturday 28 February 2015

February 2015 Wrap-Up



Re-Cap

I don’t know about you, but I usually go through a bout of wanderlust a couple of times a year. I think it’s my Sagittarian side demanding some attention! Usually any change of scenery eases it, but not this time. My little arrows have been flung further afield… and, I’m craving a trip back to Walt Disney World, in Florida. And I’m not the only one! Once I casually threw those lovely words out there, EVERYONE thought it was a fabulous idea. The catch? I have to plan it on a very limited budget! It’s been SO LONG since I was in Disney. Thankfully, we have tickets that are still valid, so that’s one HUGE expense saved… Now, this is where YOU come in! If anyone has any hints/tips on saving a few $$, places to eat, new things to see etc, send them my way, I’m all ears!


I’m linking up to both Stacking the Shelves and The Sunday Post memes this weekend.


Books I Received This Week

Dreamfire by Kit Alloway – Thank you St. Martin’s Press!

City of Fae by Pippa DaCosta – Thank you Bloomsbury UK!

The Astrologer's Daughter by Rebecca Lim – Thank you Text Publishing Company!


Books I Read in February

I read 6 books in February, and DNF’d 1. Not bad! I’m not reading as quickly this year, and I think this could be helping me enjoy the books I’m reading a lot more. I’m a little behind on my Goodreads challenge… but I hope I can catch up in March!


I don’t think it’ll come as much of a surprise, but my favourite book was A Court of Thrones and Roses. If you don’t have this book on your to-read list, add it right now, you won’t regret it!


Sadly, my good-book-streak came to an end on Thursday. I had to DNF a book, which completely SUCKS! I couldn’t continue on, and it’s the first time I’ve thrown in the towel this year. Surprisingly, I didn’t feel nearly as guilty as I thought I would! I know if I’d have continued I’d have ranted and raged for weeks after struggling through it, so avoiding all of that is kind of nice.


Gone by Michael Grant – 4 Stars
Melt by Selene Castrovilla – 4.5 Stars
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas – 5.5 Stars
Say Her Name by James Dawson – 5 Stars
Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers – 4.5 Stars
Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh – 3.5 Stars
Where the Road Takes Me by Jay McLean – DNF


Challenge Updates:

Note: I’ve set all my counters to the minimum amount for each challenge level – I really would like to read more… but it’s best to have a little breathing room!

Re-Read Challenge

0/10 Rereads

I’d planned on rereading The Hunger Games in February… then I bought 13 books, and received a bazillion ARC’s. Maybe I’ll get some rereading done in March? Hopefully?!


Fairytale Retelling Challenge

2/10 Retellings

One more: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. I’ve read it, but I won’t be posting a review until April/May.


2015 New Release Challenge

3/16 books

One more, and it's the same as the retelling challenge: A Court of Thorns and Roses. Review to come in April/May.

As I DNF’d Where the Road Takes Me, I’m not including it in the challenge.


On the Blog in February

Bookish Quotes I Love

Romance in Books: My Likes and Dislikes

Review: Queen of Someday by Sherry D. Ficklin

TTT - Bookish Problems That Haunt Me

Review: The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

My 10 Favourite Book Heroines


Have a fab weekend, and Happy Reading!


4 comments:

  1. WOW you are going to Disney! MAN I AM EXCITED FOR YOU. Can you bring me along please? I can honestly fit in a suitcase, maybe. Haha.

    I really need to read A Court of Thorns and Roses. That's going to be my May new release buy, so I'll be able to read it then and flail with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! The Astrologer's Daughter seems like a really good book and I've heard great things about Rebecca Lim's other novels. It looks like you had a great month!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always doing the DNF thing! As soon as I lose interest in a book, I don't waste any more time with it, I just toss it aside and start something new. I dread to think how many books I've abandoned this year so far! About 50 anyway...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh! I'd LOVE to talk to you about Disney World! When are you going? I'll be there in May! I could definitely give you some tips on where to eat, how to save money, and what to see! When were you there last! Oh, and I hope you enjoy your new books ;)

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...