Tuesday 17 February 2015

TTT - Bookish Problems That Haunt Me



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme run by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week’s topic is: Ten Book Related Problems I Have (could be serious or fun!) Since there is always an option 'C', I've gone with both!



Problem 1:


Potential bankruptcy if my addiction to book buying gets any worse.

Things are getting bad, folks!


Problem 2:


Mismatched Covers


Exhibit A



Exhibit B



Exhibit C



* Sobs uncontrollably *


Problem 3:


Different HEIGHTS!


It's even worse if the books are all within the same series! Just look at my Unearthly trilogy books... it's creating a LADDER!!



* Feels my perfectionist blood beginning to boil again *



Problem 4:


The lack of an eighth day of the week, exclusively for reading.


Problem 5:


Dog ears, stains from food or drink, and HIGHLIGHTING or WRITING in a book! Blurgh!

This is partly why I avoid library books like the plague. There is nothing worse than finding unidentifiable 'stuff' sticking the pages together. *Vomits*

With the highlighting and writing on books... I was forced to do this in school, and it crushed my soul every time I had to write on a book in English class. *Shudders*


Problem 6:


People that refuse to leave me alone when I’m reading!

I have a book in my hands, how hard is it to...


Problem 7:


Borrowing Books

So… you want to borrow one of my books.

*Eye twitch*

No, you will not TOUCH my books, and you will CERTAINLY NOT borrow one.

They. Are. MINE!

This is clearly the only time over-protectiveness is acceptable...


Problem 8:


Obsessively reorganizing my books…

... so the order only makes sense to me! What’s the fun in organization if you can’t confuse people?! Plus, if nobody can FIND a book, they won’t want to borrow it from me! Win / Win.


Problem 9:


Getting extremely anxious when the books you ordered weeks ago haven’t shown up in the post.

I’m currently suffering from this one. The Books Depository better not fail me now! It’s over two weeks since I’ve ordered and seven books haven’t shown up… I’m beginning to panic!!


Problem 10:


Lack of sleep

I’m slowly turning into a zombie. I can’t function before noon ‘cause I’ve been up reading until 4 am the night before… And I don’t regret it for a minute!


Tell me your bookish problems! Leave a link to your TTT post, if you like!




17 comments:

  1. I'm loving this week's TTT because I definitely get everyone's picks today - it's definitely making me realise just how much of a proper community we are because we all face the same things (serious/funny or otherwise!).

    My TTT: https://confessionsofabookgeek.wordpress.com/2015/02/17/top-ten-tuesday-book-geek-problems/

    ReplyDelete
  2. An eighth day purely for reading is an absolutely inspired idea!! How amazing would that be for us all?! Ha. I can identify with many of the things on your list! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you, especially when Harry Potter came out in different covers and titles (UK vs US!!) and bloody editions T_T
    I am now looking for a complete set of Harry Potter books that have matching covers.
    Muahahahaha..
    on the library book side, wear gloves ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A day of the week just for reading would be wonderful!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES to so many of these! I don't mind the different covers because I tend to buy different editions to books. Like it's rare for me to have a series all in paperback or hardcover (oh crap, I just realized I should have made that a problem). But I am with you on the varying sizes. And I'm constantly reorganizing my shelves. I organize them by size usually. Which is problematic because then books in the same series aren't shelved together!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  6. Problem 9!! I've won stuff that never showed up. So sad :( And I'm currently sleep-deprived lol....

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES to so many of these! The different covers especially gets to me. I want them all to match theme wise on my shelf and when they don't even look like they belong in the same series it makes me very sad :(
    I totally LOVE reorganizing my books! It's a calming exercise even if I find out that I still don't have space on my bookshelf no matter how much I move them around!

    Here's my TT: http://betweenyabookends.blogspot.com/2015/02/top-10-book-problems-we-have.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I HATE having books with mismatched covers! That is honestly high on my pet peeve list! I don't know how you do it! :P

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate hate hate when the book covers are ugly or they're not part of the series. LIKE WHY. WHY CHANGE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SERIES :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't like to be interrupted while reading either!! Here's a link to my TTT for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/02/top-ten-tuesday-ten-book-related.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't do a TTT post this week because I could only think of four problems, most of which were not having enough time to read ALL THE BOOKS.

    I read mainly library books and on my Kindle at the moment too so I can avoid mismatched covers, spines and heights!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list! I used to constantly rearrange my books on my shelves but I stopped doing that a while ago when I got too many books and not enough space. :( I used to always lend out books too, though I'm starting to think I shouldn't any more because I never get them back!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahaha, I can So relate to everything, although I learned to deal with the ladder ahahha XD Mismatching covers are so annoying. I just feel like buying the right ones even though I own the stories already but then think that it's pretty stupid...but is it really? hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAAAA YES! The gif to #7 is just perfection, pure perfection. xD I do not lend books either. I struggle to lend them to my sister and she's just across the hall! THE STRUGGLE IS REAL. Ermagerd, I hate mismatched covers. I have 3 books by Veronica Roth and each are in a different edition. When I get the fourth I guess I'll just get it in yet ANOTHER edition to keep everything awfully mismatched?! *twitches* I CANNOT DO THIS. xD
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mismatched covers & different heights-arrgghh! This drives me nuts! Take my Mercy Thompson series-first 5 are mass market, 6 & 7 are trade, 8 for some reason is a huge monster book with large print!!! And the covers don't match! *tears hair out* Dog ears & highlighting *whimpers* I have had to bite my lip on the bus many times watching students assaulting their poor books! And only my dad gets to borrow my books-and he gets carefully watched...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha yes to everything on your list. I am happy to have found someone with as much bookish OCD as me. I work in a library and the gross things I have found in books is ridiculous. We even once found a picture of a guys penis.... with a poem written on the back! So odd. I hate mismatched covers and different heights, they actually hurt me to look at them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...