Friday 7 November 2014

Blog Ahead 2014 - Week One Update



My Blog Ahead Goals:

I can’t believe how quickly the first week of Blog Ahead has gone by! Right now I’m aiming for 15 extra posts, but I really hope I can manage a lot more. I don’t want to put too much pressure on my shoulders, and there is a little reason why I don’t think I’ll realistically be able to get all 30 extra posts done. As of starting the challenge, I only had one scheduled post for November. Technically, I’ll be writing up way more than 30 posts this month, but the majority won’t exactly be ‘advanced’ posts, unfortunately!

If I had to choose a main goal for the challenge, I’m aiming to get posts for the weekdays in December scheduled in advance, and then any other spare posts I can write up. My goal of 15 posts would equal three full weekday weeks taken care of, and I’ll be very happy with that result!


By the end of the month, I’d love to have the following completed:

- 6 Reviews (at least)

- 4 “other” posts, discussions etc.

- 8 Top Ten Tuesdays

- 4 Waiting on Wednesdays

Plan:

My plan of “attack,” so to speak, is to tackle this in two stages:

- The first two weeks of the challenge, my main focus will be on posts for November, and then

- The last two weeks should be free to concentrate on all my “extra posts” for Blog Ahead.

Naturally, this isn’t set in stone, and I’ll be writing posts as my mood dictates and when inspiration hits.


With reviews, I try and read two weeks in advance. Usually, the books I read in the first two weeks of a month will appear on the blog at the end of the current month. Then, the books I read in the last two weeks of a month will be on the blog the first two weeks of the next month. Currently, I have four books read that I haven’t reviewed, but these reviews will most likely be posted in November.

I’m debating whether to hold back on posting my usual two reviews a week and cut it down to one per week, just for this rest of the month. This would allow me to have more reading time, and hopefully as a result, a bigger bank of reviews I can save up for December/January. I haven’t made up my mind yet, but I might hold back a review here and there, and see what happens.

Getting away from reviews, I love all the upcoming Top Ten Tuesday topics, and I think now is the perfect time to start chipping away at them. I usually do TTT’s every other week, but I don’t usually write them this far in advance! I also have my eye on four 2015 release books that I want to use in Waiting on Wednesday’s, so I’d like to tackle them as well.


Week One Goals:

- As many November posts as I can get done.

- 2 Top Ten Tuesday Posts

- 2 WoW posts.


Progress:

I’m pretty happy with everything I got done this week. I have 5 posts completed in advance for November which is going to help so much as the challenge progresses. I roughly drafted two reviews, but I need to polish them up more before I begin formatting and scheduling them.

For Blog Ahead, I’ve completed the 2 WoW posts I wanted to, and they’re scheduled in advance. It’s such a weird feeling to have posts completed that far ahead! I’ve drafted up both Top Ten Tuesday posts I planned to work on. I have to put the finishing touches on one, but it’s 95% done. The other will take a little more work, adding links, images and what not, but they’re almost done.

Seven completed posts and four drafts in a week… I’m happy! Now, I just wish I could bottle the essence of this organised person I've become, and keep this motivation in reserve for future use!


My Week Two Goals:

- More November posts.

- 3 Top Ten Tuesday’s

- 2 WoW’s

- 1 “other” post.



Thanks for reading!



6 comments:

  1. I'm kind of in the same boat, working on Nov posts is slowing me down but as the month goes on this won't happen. I have 5 additional posts scheduled now so pretty happy. By the end of the month we are going to be so organised!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh YAY! 5 extra posts is awesome! It'll be so fantastic to have a bunch of posts organised! I took a little break over the weekend from internet/bloggy stuff, and hoping I'd get caught up on reviews without the distractions... but, I ended up watching movies, playing the Sims and reading instead! It was worth it, even if I have even more reviews to write up :)

      Delete
  2. Writing post for November is slowing me down as well, but I'm doing pretty good. Sounds like you've got a great handle on things Alma. Writing up the memes in advance has been the easiest part so far, probably because TTT and WoW are my favourite things to post.
    Monique @ Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, and the November posts are taking me so long to write up too, which doesn't help. I really enjoy writing up TTT's and WoW's, but finding the right mind set to sit down and write up reviews can be so hard! I've let mine pile up too much, unfortunately. Somehow I need to find inspiration ASAP :D

      Delete
  3. That's so awesome! You're doing great and I totally know what you mean about Nov posts getting in the way. Half of the ones I did this week ended up being Nov posts. Ah well. Still great to get them done, right? Good luck with week two's plan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! The November posts can be a real pain! I wish I could just concentrate on posts for Dec and beyond, but it doesn't look too promising just yet. I let my reviews pile up unfortunately, and my review writing is just not happening right now. Hopefully, I can get a spark of inspiration soon and fly through a few of them!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...