Wednesday 4 June 2014

WoW #13: Complicit by Stephanie Kuehn


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Complicit by Stephanie Kuehn

Complicit by Stephanie Kuehn

Expected publication: June 24th 2014

Genres: Young Adult, Thiller

Add to Goodreads


Two years ago, sixteen-year-old Jamie Henry breathed a sigh of relief when a judge sentenced his older sister to juvenile detention for burning down their neighbor’s fancy horse barn. The whole town did. Because Crazy Cate Henry used to be a nice girl. Until she did a lot of bad things. Like drinking. And stealing. And lying. Like playing weird mind games in the woods with other children. Like making sure she always got her way. Or else.

But today Cate got out. And now she’s coming back for Jamie.

Because more than anything, Cate Henry needs her little brother to know the truth about their past. A truth she’s kept hidden for years. A truth she’s not supposed to tell.

Trust nothing and no one as you race toward the explosive conclusion of this gripping psychological thriller from the William C. Morris Award-winning author of Charm & Strange.

-- As seen on Goodreads


I know I shouldn't judge a book on it's cover, but I totally did with this one. The blurb sounds equally intriguing, and that's always a big plus!


What books have you been anxiously waiting to read? Leave a link, or tell us in the comments.

8 comments:

  1. I just read a review of this a day or two again and thought it was pretty interesting. Nice pick! :D

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good! I might be the only one, but, I try not to look at too many review with new releases I plan to read. I've been so disappointed with some in the past, I try to avoid the hype (or even worse, the hatred!) when the reviews hit. Hopefully Complicit will be good! Thanks for stopping by Czai :)

      Delete
  2. This one looks seriously creepy, but in a good way. Nice pick :)

    My WoW .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound creepy! Thanks for stopping by Zareena :)

      Delete
  3. This one looks really creepy! I love the whole truth about the past plot. Thanks for sharing! I hadn't come across this one before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sound so good! I love creepy books like this, hopefully it'll be good. Thanks for stopping by Katherine!

      Delete
  4. OOoh nice! That's new to me but looks very intriguing!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it's good! Thanks for stopping by Jessica =)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...