Sunday 16 November 2014

Sunday Post #14 - Nov 1-14


The Sunday Post at Journey Through Fiction blog

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It's a chance to share news, recap what has happened on the blog, what is upcoming and anything everything in between.


Nov 1 - 14 Re-Cap


Can you believe we’re half-way through November!? This year has flown by! I hope everyone had a fantastic week! Don’t you just love it when loads of little things crop up to distract you from your plans? And then these seemingly little tasks end up taking hours instead of minutes… Le sigh! Yep, always the way isn’t it! This month I was focused on Blog Ahead, and I made great progress the first week, but this week didn’t really go as planned… I didn’t get nearly as much time as I was expecting to write blog posts. It happens, but my goodness it can be so frustrating! Then, to add to my wonderfully un-productive week, we’ve had a storm system hovering over us for the past couple of days and the internet decided to go on the blink! It’s only at times like these do you realise how dependent (and addicted!) you are on it!


On the Blog Recently


Blog Ahead 2014 Updates: Week One and Week Two
Teaser Tuesday: Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
Review: Eternal and Unbreakable by C.C. Hunter
Review: Unhinged by A.G. Howard
Top 10 Books I Want to Reread
A Few Little Changes


Books I Read


I’ve read a few books that I absolutely loved recently! One of my favourites was Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas. I was told after I had finished Throne of Glass that CoM would be even better - and yes, it really IS so much better! I’ve continued on with Heir of Fire already, and even though it’s a much slower paced book, I’m really enjoying it so far. Unhinged is still haunting me though. I love finding books that stay with me long after I’ve finished reading, and I've become a little obsessed with the Splintered trilogy! January can't come quick enjough - I NEED Ensnared!!

I completed the Unearthly trilogy this month, and it’s always a bittersweet moment when a series or trilogy ends. I really enjoyed Boundless, and while I had one or two little issues, I thought it was a great ending to the series. Over Halloween I read a couple of contemporary books (yeah… I don’t know how my moods work either!) I liked Anna and the French Kiss… but it didn’t blow me away as much as I was expecting. I think I went in with WAY to high expectations. I’ll continue with the next two books, but I'll keep any and all thoughts about them in check this time!


eBooks I Bought


Esker by S.T. Bende

Only one book this week, and after all the books I bought last month I need a week or two with a smaller haul! I am little obsessed with Norse Mythology… so this should be perfect! I’d love to read it straight away, but realistically it’ll be a while until I get around to it. That’s the trouble with ebooks… I tend to overlook them in favour of the physical books I have stacked around the house!


Posts I loved


Parajunkee shares some Great Sites for Free Stock Photography

Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense shares her thoughts on Emotional Reading

Ashley @ Nose Graze reminds us that We Blog For Ourselves

Kristen @ My Friends Are Fiction asks If a book makes you ugly cry do you rate it higher?


Soundtrack for the Week


Hypnone – Katatonia
YouTube // Spotify



Have a great week, and Happy Reading!



26 comments:

  1. I STILL NEED TO READ THRONE OF GLASS. GAH. But yay for Crown of Midnight! And Blog Ahead! Even though this week didn't go as well as last week. I'm actually really glad November is going by fast, I JUST WANT IT TO BE CHRISTMAS ALREADY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, you NEED to read Throne of Glass!! And oh gosh, Christmas is only a few weeks away! I love Christmas, but all the preparation before it can be a bloomin' nightmare!! I think it's only around five, maybe six weeks? Holy crap, I have SO MUCH still to do! (Erm... correction... I still need to BEGIN thinking about what I need to do for Christmas!!)

      Delete
  2. We had a storm too, and got a bunch of snow this week! And it's still snowing... I guess fall has moved on. :) I did hear Crown of Midnight was good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crown of Midnight was so good! Hope the aftermath of the snow isn't too bad, it's always lovely when its falling but such a nightmare when it melts! Thanks for stopping by (and sorry for the late replies!)

      Delete
  3. I loved Crown of Midnight. YES..I so get the unexpected activities that throw all of your best laid plans out of wack. I am also doing blog ahead and this week wasn't as strong either, but I am on track. Hopefully this week you play catch up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimba! I'm going to be satisfied if I can manage a few more posts this week - I'm nowhere near 30 posts, but having a couple of weeks sorted in advance is so valuable! Hopefully I'll be able to keep up the trend once the challenge is over :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't read Throne of Glass yet, but it's been on my TBR shelf for a while. I'm glad to know you enjoyed both that and the sequel so much!
    Unhinged is another one I've had on my kindle ever since it was released, but somehow, I still haven't gotten to it yet.
    The Elsker saga is also on my TBR, but I don't own the book, I think...
    Have a great week, Alma!

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've loved the Throne of Glass series so far! The wait times for the next books will be terrible though :D I'm really looking forward to reading the Elsker saga, it sounds really good! Thanks for stopping by Lexxie, hope you had a great week!

      Delete
  5. I haven't read Maas' books but the series covers are gorgeous. I really need to get them from the library and read em.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I hope you love them if you do choose to read them! I've become a little obsessed with the Throne of Glass series, it's so much better than I was expecting, and my expectations were pretty high :D Hope you have a great week Kristin!

      Delete
  6. I read Crown of Midnight this week too. So good! Did you read The Assassin's Blade first? I'm sooo glad I did. I'm going to read the 3rd book soon, but I'm not looking forward to waiting for the 4th. And yes, it's kind of scary how dependent we are on internet. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did things the opposite way around - I do own The Assassin's Blade, but I read the three main novels first! I haven't read the novella's book just yet, but I know it'll absolutely crush me! I love the series so much, and I cannot WAIT for book 4 :D

      Delete
  7. Nice! That's a new to me read! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!


    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica, hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  8. I"m trying not to go into denial about how far into November it is! So much to do! It's always a little disconcerting when the internet goes on the blink because than I have to admit how dependent I am on it! Hope all that gets better this week. I've heard great things about Throne of Glass but haven't picked it up yet. Hopefully one day soon! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's scary how quickly this year has gone by! And oh gosh, I don't even want to think about everything that needs to get done, eek! Thanks Katherine, sorry for the late reply, hope you had a great week!

      Delete
  9. I have to agree with you on losing the internet. Last weekend I didn't have internet and it was AWFUL. I couldn't do anything. I play video games online so that was also a bummer that I had to miss some fun times there. It did make me realize how much I use the internet to entertain myself. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh gosh it's the absolute worst! It's not so bad if you know it'll be gone, but when it's unexpected it it so frustrating, especially if stops when your in the middle of something!

      Delete
  10. Oh Elsker looks interesting :) Thanks for sharing ♥

    Here's mine:
    WeeklyWrap@EverythingNyze

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nyze, I love the sound of it and I really hope I like it :)

      Delete
  11. I have Boundless to finish as well. I think I subconsciously haven't wanted the series to end so I've put it off. Lol! I'm going to go check out a couple of your posts from last week. Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I know the feeling! It's so bittersweet when a series ends. Thanks for stopping by Tressa, hope you had a great week!

      Delete
  12. Blog Ahead is shaping up to be a tough challenge isn't it? I feel like I'm taking one step forward and two steps back some days. I'm feeling like as long as I'm a week ahead at the end I'll be happy.
    Have a great week.
    Sharon @ Sharon's Book Nook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very tough! It feels like all my motivation from the first week has just disappeared and no matter what I try, it's not coming back! I haven't got much done, but if I can manage to maintain a week or two of posts in advance, I'll be super happy! Thanks for stopping by Sharon, hope you had a great week :D

      Delete
  13. I also can't believe that it's mid-November already. It feels like this whole year just breezed through my life. I'm doing Blog Ahead too and I'm just looking at the end date to wrap-up my post. I think I'm going to be a little depressed if I do a weekly update lol :) But let's forge ahead, right? I have my copy of Crown of Midnight but I haven't read it yet. I wasn't really a big fan of the first book so I guess this sequel has been pushed down my TBR priority list. But I'm glad you're enjoying the series. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my Sunday Post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2014 really has gone by so quickly, it sort of feels like the entire year has been on fast-forward or something! Blog Ahead has been a very challenging, and I haven't got as much done as I hoped. Having a couple of weeks in advance done will be heavenly, so I'll be happy in the end I think :D Thanks for stopping by Camille!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...