Monday 23 November 2015

Holiday Cram-a-thon Read-a-thon


Holiday Cramathon Read-a-thon

I’ve been hoping to take part in a read-a-thon for a while now, but between one thing and another, I never found the time to fully commit. When I saw the Holiday Cramathon on my Bloglovin’ feed late last night, I thought YES, perfect, I need this! All year long I’ve been flitting between reading and blogging slumps, and I need something to kick me out of this rut once and for all.


The event is hosted by Jessica @ Let Me Tell You a Story, and you can find out all the official details HERE. The Holiday Cramathon began on the 22nd November, and will run until the 13th December, giving us three weeks to cram in as much reading as possible! If you fancy taking part at any stage, #holidaycramathon is the official hashtag.


For the read-a-thon, I have one main goal, and some side goals I hope to chip away at as well.


My Main Goal:

Read 7 Books. I want to complete my Goodreads yearly reading challenge ASAP, and to do this I need to read, you guessed it, 7 books. It’s a pretty low overall goal, but with my reading pace resembling a snail in slow motion these days, I’ll be delighted if I get this done!


Side goals:

- Tackle some eARCs. The number 7 seems to be haunting me, as I currently have 7 eARC’s I need to get read as soon as I can. And yes. Fate seems to be shining on me right now that I also need 7 books to complete my Goodreads challenge! Since I’m letting my mood take control, I’m not going to force myself to read just those eARC’s, but 3 or 4 seems like a reasonable goal to start with.

- Complete all the yearly challenges I signed up for. I’ll admit I’ve already come to terms that I won’t manage to do this by the end of the year, but I hope to make a little more progress anyway. I’ll need to read 16 books to complete them: 1 Dystopian, 5 Retellings, and then re-read 10 books. All in a little over a month. Yup. This looks bleak.


So, Alma, what are you going to read, I hear you ask. Um, well… I haven’t a clue! But, this might be a really good thing! I’m going to let my mood-reader-self take full control, and hopefully this way I’ll manage to smash my goals without having a meltdown along the way!


One book I’ll definitely finish reading is Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride. I started it on Saturday past, and I LOVE it so far! It’s the most pure Urban Fantasy book I’ve read in a long, long time, and it’s so freaking good.

Since deciding to take part in the read-a-thon, I’ve had my eye on both City of Glass by Cassandra Clare, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling. Both are pretty chunky books, so they’re probably not the best choice for a read-a-thon! I don’t have too many thin books on my shelves right now… so we’ll see how things go.


Thanks for stopping by, and let me know if you’re taking part in the read-a-thon! Happy Reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...