Tuesday 21 October 2014

Teaser Tuesday - Unhinged by A.G. Howard



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My Teaser: Unhinged by A.G. Howard


The flowers close in and push me toward him, rough, leafy hands scraping across my neck and cheeks, cinching my hair at the scalp so I can’t lean away. He smiles, so close that I feel the heat of his breath on my face.

“I won’t let you,” I insist. “I won’t let you into my world.”

“Too little, too late,” he murmurs against my humming skin. “By the time they find your body, I’ll already be there.”

-- Unhinged, page 38


book cover

Title: Unhinged by A.G. Howard
Series: Splintered, #2
Genres: Fantasy, Retellings, Young Adult

Add to Goodreads


Alyssa Gardner has been down the rabbit hole and faced the bandersnatch. She saved the life of Jeb, the guy she loves, and escaped the machinations of the disturbingly seductive Morpheus and the vindictive Queen Red. Now all she has to do is graduate high school and make it through prom so she can attend the prestigious art school in London she's always dreamed of.

That would be easier without her mother, freshly released from an asylum, acting overly protective and suspicious. And it would be much simpler if the mysterious Morpheus didn’t show up for school one day to tempt her with another dangerous quest in the dark, challenging Wonderland—where she (partly) belongs.

As prom and graduation creep closer, Alyssa juggles Morpheus’s unsettling presence in her real world with trying to tell Jeb the truth about a past he’s forgotten. Glimpses of Wonderland start to bleed through her art and into her world in very disturbing ways, and Morpheus warns that Queen Red won’t be far behind.

If Alyssa stays in the human realm, she could endanger Jeb, her parents, and everyone she loves. But if she steps through the rabbit hole again, she'll face a deadly battle that could cost more than just her head.

-- As seen on Goodreads



I'm loving Unhinged so much! I did mention in my Stacking post on Saturday past that I have a bunch of ARC's to read, and I was afraid I'd give into temptation when this little gem showed up in the post last week. Well, erm... *ahem* ... I gave in. I mean, once I opened the box and I glanced at the book, it screamed "Read me. Read me now!" How could I say no! Books I need to read? What books?! I don't remember any other books...


What do you think? What book are you reading this week? Leave a link to your post so I can stop by, or tell us in the comments. Happy Reading!



14 comments:

  1. Great teaser, that book sounds fabulous. Glad your enjoy it. :-)
    Sharon @ Sharon's Book Nook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, this series is so good! Alice in Wonderland wasn't my favourite fairy tale growing up, but this version is so much darker and more twisted, and, for me anyway, way more entertaining :D Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Ooohoohhoohhh! And yes, I made that noise when reading! LOL! This series is on my TBR Mountain of Doom! The first two books at least! Can't wait for the time to come when I can read them! Great teaser!!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving this series so much! Definitely try and read it soon, I definitely think it'll be worth it :D

      Delete
  3. This sounds like a fascinating story. The cover immediately made me think of Johnny Depp and "Charlie and The Chocolate Factory." Maybe it's the hat!
    My Tuesday post features THE LITTLEST COWBOY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE Johnny Depp! And the cover really does have that vibe, I never noticed that before!

      Delete
  4. That's a good tease, and sound very mysterious. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying this series! It's such a crazy take on Alice in Wonderland :D

      Delete
  5. Wow. That's really something. I'm pretty sure I heard A.G. Howard on a podcast lately. Maybe Rocking Self Publishing?

    I have two teasers today from Veronica Roth’s YA dystopian “Divergent” series:

    http://pdworkman.com/conversation-with-veronica-roth-teasertuesday/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser! I've been wanting to start this series for so long, but every time I a try to start it, something else comes up and I push it back! But with the third book releasing soon, I think it's finally time to give this series a shot!! I hope your enjoy it!

    Thanks for sopping by my WoW @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad the third book will be out in a couple of months... I definitely NEED Enslaved now :D Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Great tease! I'd push this up my TBR if it arrived at my house too.

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this series so much! Glad you liked the teaser :D

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...