Tuesday 9 February 2016

My Top 10 Bookish OTPs


My Top 10 Bookish One True Pairings Journey Through Fiction

You know, I’ve just realised that I don’t think I’ve declared my ships or OTPs* all in one place before. When I’m reviewing a book, sure, I’ll screech on and on about my little darlings and how perfect they are and send out multiple painful threats to anything that endangers their blissful future and existence… but outside of reviews, I don’t really talk about them too much. I’ve been debating on how to approach this topic without it turning into a spoiler-filled mine field, and I think I’ve succeeded in being as vague on the specifics as I possibly can be! (Also, this list isn’t in any particular order. RANKING my OTPs... that's a pain I couldn't even imagine enduring!)

I want to mention that the characters I’m including in this list aren’t necessarily cannon ships/OTP’s, nor are they official endgames. It’s just who I personally ship within each book/trilogy/series, and I’ll probably attempt to launch a rescue fleet to save my little darlings if one hair on their heads is in any danger of being damaged. Not that I'm obsessed about this. Of course not! What in the world would give you that idea... *cough*


* Note: OTP = One True Pairing; and Ship = Relationship.


I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday, which is a weekly meme run by The Broke and the Bookish. This weeks topic is a Valentine's Day themed freebie.



Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling The Animorphs series by K.A. Applegate

Elizabeth Bennet and Mr Darcy

Pride and Prejudice is one of my favourite books of all-time, so it isn’t too much of a surprise that I ship Lizzie Bennet and Mr Darcy to the ends of the earth! If I read any book that has a similar romance to P&P, then I’m in heaven.

Hermione and Draco

Yes. I ship Dramione. There. I admitted it! But… it’s not really that surprising that I’d ship these two. I could imagine them becoming the Lizzie Bennet and Mr. Darcy of the Wizarding World! Seriously, there is not enough YES and NEED in the universe to cover how I feel about this. It would be perfect! I ship them SO. FREAKING. HARD, and they’re probably my OTP to end all OTPs.

Rachel and Tobias

Rachel and Tobias was my ultimate OTP before I even knew what an OTP was! The Animorphs series was one of the first Sci-Fi series I fell in love with, and… yeah, it was helped by loving these two characters so much! (I’m still not over that ending, by the way. And I read it 14 years ago!)



Nevermore by Kelly Creagh The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collings

Isobel and Varen

These two would easily make it into my top three OTPs of all-time list. (Please don't make me create that list! I beg you. It'd kill me!) I love them individually, I love them together as a couple, and they are just all kinds of PERFECT. And, yes, I ship it with all my heart!

Katniss and Peeta

Perfect, perfect, perfect! That’s all I can say about these two. I mean, how could you NOT love the boy with the bread? HOW??



Splintered by A.G. Howard Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

Alyssa and Morpheus

I think everyone on the planet knows my feelings on this one by now! I will only say this: Morpheus. Is. Life.

Celaena and Chaol

Don’t mind me. I’ll be over here, championing my ship. Forever. Carry on, carry on!

Fayre and Tamlin

*Reads A Court of Mist and Fury synopsis*

*Stares at plans for my Faylin Citadel* 10,000 foot walls should be high enough, right? … Hum, no, better make it 20,000. Just to be safe. Oh, and maybe I should start with plans for an Armada to defend my darlings…



The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Lia and Kaden

These two are perfect together. P.E.R.F.E.C.T. Sorry, but it's impossible convince me otherwise!

Aria and Roar

I know I said my list would be OTPs, but I HAVE to include my most loved BrOTP. Their friendship in the Under the Never Sky series was all sorts of perfect, and I actually preferred it to the romance sub-plot.



Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Reading!




5 comments:

  1. Hermione and Draco! I used to ship them too :)

    Majanka @ I Heart Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait, wait, wait. Hermione and DRACO?!? lol ;) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my opinion, Draco is too much of a puss to be with Hermione! She needs someone to hold her down, and I don't think he's the man for the job. Great Top Ten!
    My TTT! :)
    Dreamland Review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Hermione and Draco!! I love that pairing so much! (Fanfic is your friend!) :D We actually have a few in common this week! I am just now finishing up book two of the Nevermore trilogy and I ADORE Varen!!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew that there were people in the world who shipped Hermione and Draco, but I had never actually come across one! It doesn't seem like such a crazy idea, though it never would have crossed my mind while reading the books! Great list :)

    My TTT.

    Also, feel free to check out our giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...