Saturday 28 March 2015

Burn, Rewrite or Reread



Mel over at The Daily Prophecy did this challenge last week, and she tagged anyone who would like to take part. I love the idea, so I wanted to give it a shot! It started out as a tag on Youtube between BookTubers, but us folk with blogs can join in the fun as well, right?!

And now, for the challenge! You can choose to do as many rounds as you like: I’ve chosen to do 4 rounds. Each round consists of three randomly chosen books that you’ve read. The impossible hard part is to state which out of those three books you’d reread, which one you’d rewrite, and which one you’d burn!

Sounds easy, right? (ETA after I did the challenge: It’s NOT! It’s really hard!!)

I randomly pulled 12 books off my bookshelves, and Piglet and Tigger are being my lovely bookends.

(For future reference: Soft toys make terrible bookends.)

And a piece of paper was sacrificed to randomly choose which book is pitted against the other. Now, please sit comfortably and watch my poor mind and emotions self-destruct. This could get ugly, folks!


Round 1


Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas Ink by Amanda Sun Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi


Burn: Ink by Amanda Sun. I really liked Ink when I read it. But, with the two books it’s up against, there isn’t much of a contest. It’s sacrificed for the greater good. :(

Rewrite: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. Umm… I might add an extra word or two here or there? That would be classed as rewriting… right? Maybe I’d encourage Celaena to torment Dorian a bit more… that could be fun!

Reread: Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi. I loved Roar, Aria and Perry in this book! I remember thinking after I completed the series that Through the Ever Night was the best middle book in a trilogy I’ve ever read… and I DEFINTIELY want to reread it ASAP! (And I want to reread Throne of Glass, too!! Just for the record!)



Round 2


Unhinged by A.G. Howard Nevermore by Kelly Creagh 
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

WHAT!? I LOVE ALL THREE OF THESE! Where’s the judge… I DEMAND A RECOUNT!! What part of hell did this challenge originate in!?

*5 minutes of glaring at the three books later*

Seriously, you want me to choose between 3 of my all-time favourite books?! AND 3 of my favourite book-boyfriends?!?! Morpheus, Varen AND Peeta… ALL IN THE ONE CHALLENGE!? Yep. This challenge definitely originated in hell. It’s official.

*5 more minutes of dread later*

This SUCKS!

Ok, ok! *Deep breaths* I can do this! Technically, I want to reread all three. I WILL reread all three… but I have to choose one. How in the world could I BURN one of these books! GAHHH! This is HARD!


Rewrite: Unhinged by A.G. Howard. Ooh, ooh! My deepest apologies to everyone on Team Jeb... but! I have a BRILLIANT idea! I’d take a lovely red editing pen, and REMOVE Jeb out of the entire series!! Mwahahahaha! AND I’d increase the scenes Morpheus appears in ten-fold! He’d be on every single page in all his moth-ly glory… Humm… this challenge does have its perks after all! I really approve of this idea… *cackles*

Reread: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. It’s my favourite book from the trilogy… and it’s my favourite movie of the three currently released… so I have to choose Catching Fire as my reread.

Burn: Nevermore by Kelly Creagh. THIS SUCK! I definitely DO NOT want to burn this book under ANY circumstances… but I have to choose it for this option. I’m SO not happy about this! *Sobs uncontrollably* I’m so, so, so sorry Varen!



Round 3


Splintered by A.G. Howard Angelfall by Susan Ee Beautiful Distaster by Jamie McGuire

Burn: Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. Well, the burn part was easy for this round. NEXT!

But, bloody hell… what are you trying to do to me! Angelfall or Splintered… Umm…

Rewrite: Splintered by A.G. Howard. See what I said about Unhinged in round 2! If Jeb was removed from the series, I don’t think I’d be able to choose between these two books.

Reread: Angelfall by Susan Ee. I always choose Angelfall for every ‘favourites’ list I write, so it isn’t too surprising I’ll choose it here. This is easily my favourite angel book of all-time, and I haven’t managed to find another book to beat it. The Unearthly series was close… but Angelfall still wins for all-round awesome!



Round 4


Divergent by Veronica Roth Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder 
Cinder by Marissa Meyer

You know, I’m convinced there is someone in hell laughing their little arse off right now.

HOW DO YOU CHOOSE BETWEEN THESE THREE BOOKS?!


Burn: Divergent by Veronica Roth. Yeah. If I’d chosen Insurgent for the challenge I’d have had a zillion reasons why I’d like to burn it, but I really liked Divergent! I don’t want to burn it! *Sigh* One had to be chosen, and I preferred the other two books over this one… :(

Rewrite: Cinder by Marissa Meyer. Maybe add in another twenty pages? That would be classed as rewriting…

Reread: Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder. I LOVED this book! I loved everything about it, and Yelena and Valek were simply perfection.



Good grief, I need a lie down after that! I’m leaving this an open tag, and if you like the idea, GO DO IT! It’ll be terribly torturous on your emotions, (trust me!) but it’s lots of fun in the end :D


But, if I could force a few people to join in … I’d love to see Tracy @ Cornerfolds, Cait @ Paperfury, Val @ The Innocent Smiley, Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf and Emma @ Emma’s Bookery do this tag :P No pressure, though!




2 comments:

  1. FINE I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE. SAVING THE POST. Anyways. OH I AGREE with you SO BAD on the Splintered and Unhinged choices. Definitely want to get rid of Jeb. God I hate his guts.

    I SEE YOU HAD SO MUCH TORTU---FUN! I can't wait to do this too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that was a fun post. Even if you broke my heart when you burned Divergent :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...