Friday 19 December 2014

Fairytale Retelling Reading Challenge 2015 Sign-Up


The Daily Prophecy

I love reading challenges, and I love fairy-tale retellings, so the idea of a reading challenge where the objective is to read as many fairy-tale retellings as I can in a year is just perfect! I love that this challenge is so flexible, with a really short rules list – definitely my kind of challenge :) The challenge is hosted by Mel over at The Daily Prophecy, and the challenge will run from January 1st – December 31st 2015.

Here are the official rules and guidelines:

• The goal is to read fairytale retellings, but if you want you can also pick other retellings. It’s up to you what you count as a fairytale. Here are a couple of books you can pick from: my bookshelf with fairytale retellings and Fairytale lists on Listopia. You can read Middle Grade, Young Adult and Adult books for this challenge. Obviously, the book doesn't have to be published in 2015 and re-reads count.

• There are 6 different levels you can aim for:
-Prince Charming: 1 – 4 books.
-Magic mirror: 5 - 9 books.
-Big bad wolf: 10 – 15 books.
-The wise princess: 16 – 20 books.
-Wicked fairy Godmother: 21 – 25 books.
-Bluebeard: you are killing it! 26+ books.

• Every beginning of the month, Mel will make a link-up post where you put all your reviews in and they will have fun/informative introductions.

• Most important thing: HAVE FUN and spread the word :) Let's tweet with: #fairytaleRC

If you’d like to join the challenge, you can sign up here!

I’m a little scared to post the list of books I hope to read for the challenge. Anytime I post a list like this, I usually AVOID reading all the books on the list, rather than reading them! I’m going to aim for the Big Bad Wold level (10-15 books), so listing five should be a fairly safe bet? Plus, I’ve been dying to read these five books for months now, so I should have plenty of motivation to actually read them!

Ensnared by A.G. Howard (Already pre-ordered, so this WILL be read as soon as it lands in the post box! Or I tackle-hug the postman… well, both options will result in me reading the book, so, WIN! *nods*)
A Court of Thorns and Roses (It’s Sarah J. Maas. Need I say more??)
Cress and Fairest by Marissa Meyer (I think novellas count?)
Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge



2 comments:

  1. I always like challenges without too many rules. It's fun to have all the freedom to make the challenge work for you, so it's good to hear this feedback :) Cruel beauty is one of the best books I've read in 2014 and is placed firmly on my favorite books list. Cress is also really good and I can't wait for A court of thorns and roses & Fairest! I recently read Ensnared and it's a pretty solid conclusion.

    I hope you have fun and thanks for joining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for hosting the challenge, Mel, and the flexible rules are absolutely perfect =) Ooh, so glad you loved Cruel Beauty! I've had it on my TBR list for such a long time, and I really need to take a chance on it. I'm so scared about Ensnared, though! I want a certain ending... but I'm not very confident that it happened... arggh, not too much longer to wait! :D

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...