Monday 31 March 2014

March 2014: Lots of Distractions

March was a really good month on the book front. I had two books from favourite authors to read – Veronica Rossi and Karina Halle, – and I discovered two new authors – Kelly Creagh and Cynthia Hand – that could potentially make it onto that list at some stage. My biggest problem this month was actually finding enough time to read everything! I think everyone knows The Hunger Games: Catching Fire came out on DVD. I bought it and I watched it about a billion times – bye-bye free time! Yes, it’s just that awesome.

Choosing a book of the month for March was quite tricky. I narrowed it down to Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi, and Nevermore by Kelly Creagh. I absolutely loved Into the Still Blue, but I had to choose Nevermore as my book of the month for March.

Nevermore by Kelly Creagh



March Book of the Month: Nevermore by Kelly Creagh.


Wow, Nevermore completely took me by surprise! I have only just finished it, and I haven’t got a review written up yet. Hopefully I’ll have it completed started and posted by the weekend. My biggest problem will be trying to express how much I loved it. And how much I love Varen! I mean, a review with only the words “I loved this book, you should read it!” isn’t exactly the most helpful, and that’s pretty much all I’ve got to say about it! (But, yes, I loved it. And yes, you should read it!)




The other books I read this month are:

Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi – 5 Stars

Rock Hard by Olivia Cunning – 2 Stars

Frigid by J. Lynn – 2 Stars

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand – 4 Stars

Donners of the Dead by Karina Halle – 4 Stars

Evernight by Claudia Gray – 3 Stars

Nevermore by Kelly Creagh – 5++ Stars.

(I did read a couple of Kindle freebies, but I didn’t enjoy them, so I’m omitting them from the list.)


Rock Hard and Frigid are my two big disappointments this month. I loved Backstage Pass by Olivia Cunning, the first book in the Sinners on Tour Series (even though I highly suspect it’s Avenged Sevenfold Fan-Fic … lots of similarities, just saying!) Rock Hard is Sed’s book, and the characters just didn’t work for me. I missed Brian and Myrna! I’ll continue with the series at some stage in the future, but my expectations will be a lot more realistic from now on.

Frigid is written by one of my favourite authors, Jennifer L. Armentrout, but writing under her J. Lynn pen-name. I think it’s just a matter of personal preference, and I’ve had better luck with her Young Adult series, rather than her New Adult.

I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Monique from Mo_Books, and I want to thank her again! I’m flattered to even be considered for any recognition! I also started taking part in some meme’s this month. My TBR list has expanded yet again with all the awesome books I discovered hopping around the Waiting on Wednesday posts each week! My personal favourites are Top Ten Tuesdays. I love getting to know the people behind the blogs, and seeing what books they’ve chosen for their lists.

I’m already looking forward to my April reading schedule. Haha, who am I kidding, I’m not that organised to have a schedule for anything! I’m hoping to start The Maze Runner by James Dashner tonight. After seeing the trailer for the movie, I can’t wait to read it. For the most part – unless I get distracted, which happens a lot – my April books will be some of those I included in my Stacking the Shelves post a few weeks ago. If I can squeeze a couple of kindle books in as well I will, but we shall see!

I hope you have an amazing April and thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...