Wednesday 20 January 2016

WoW #75: The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski



This week, I'm waiting on...


The Winner's Kiss


by Marie Rutkoski


 The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski book cover


Expected publication: 24th / 29th March 2016

Genres: Fantasy; Young Adult


Add to Goodreads


War has begun. Arin is in the thick of it, with the East as his ally and the empire as his enemy. He’s finally managed to dismiss the memory of Kestrel, even if he can’t quite forget her. Kestrel turned into someone he could no longer recognize: someone who cared more for the empire than for the lives of innocent people—and certainly more than she cared for him. At least, that’s what he thinks.

But far north lies a work camp where Kestrel is a prisoner. Can she manage to escape before she loses herself? As the war intensifies, both Kestrel and Arin discover unexpected roles in battle, terrible secrets, and a fragile hope. The world is changing. The East is pitted against the West, and Kestrel and Arin are caught between. In a game like this, can anybody really win?

-- As seen on Goodreads


I’m so glad I listened to everyone telling me to wait as long as I could to read The Winner’s Crime because THAT ENDING WAS PAINFUL! I bought the book shortly after it was released, but I only read it in December, and I have no idea how anyone that read it straight away has been able to cope with the wait for The Winner’s Kiss. March needs to begin tomorrow, seriously! And Arin. And Kestrel… AARRGHHH! *sobs* I can’t take it anymore! *sobs even harder*

(PS: YAY FOR MATHING COVERS!!)


What are you waiting on this week? Thanks for stopping by, and
Happy Reading!


* Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. *




7 comments:

  1. This series sounds amazing! I haven't read it yet, though, but it sounds amazing :) Hope you enjoy it.

    Majanka @ I Heart Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of this series before but never bothered to check it out or READ it ... I guess I should? :D I hope you'll enjoy it!!

    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog!! (New subscriber). I haven't read the first one yet, but I keep seeing great things about these books, so I will try them. I hope you have a great week!!
    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2016/01/wishlist-winning-wednesday-3-glass-theme.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Love this cover!! So glad the publishers are sticking with it! The green dress is just as gorgeous as the red! I still haven't decided if this is a series I need to start or not, but the covers are sure gorgeous!!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Yes it definitely is a series you need to start! I promise, you won't regret it :D

      Delete
  5. I've heard so many great things about this series, Alma, and once it's completed, I just may pick it up myself. I hope you'll get your hands on Winner's Kiss as soon as possible.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. YESSS I am desperate for this book to get into my hands and tear my heart to pieces. Especially after the ending of The Winner's Curse

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...