Tuesday 19 January 2016

10 Recent Additions to My Never Ending To-Be-Read Shelves



10 Recent Additions to My Never Ending To-Be-Read Shelves

I’ve had an epiphany. I actually like having overflowing to-read shelves. Seriously! It’s sort of comforting to know there are (literally) hundreds of unread books at my fingertips at any given moment. ‘Course, this is exactly the moment that nagging little voice insists that I don’t need to buy any more books… Oh, but I do. I really, really do! This week the Top Ten Tuesday topic is “Top Ten Books I've Recently Added To My TBR”, and I’ve split my list into books I’ve recently purchased, and new-to-me books that I’ve added to my various Goodreads to-be-read shelves.


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme run by The Broke and the Bookish.



The Last 5 New-to-Me Books I Added to My To-Read List


Fear the Drowning Deep by Sarah Glen Marsh Morrighan by Mary E. Pearson Heir to the Sky by Amanda Sun

Ever the Hunted by Erin Summerill Nevernight by Jay Kristoff

Fear the Drowning Deep by Sarah Glen Marsh // Morrighan by Mary E. Pearson
Heir to the Sky by Amanda Sun // Ever the Hunted by Erin Summerill
Nevernight by Jay Kristoff


Also… I’ve begun to obsess over some 2017 releases. They don’t have covers yet, but I wanted to mention them so we can all share the agonising wait together. (You’re very welcome!) The first is RoseBlood by A.G. Howard, which is a Phantom of the Opera retelling. (*dies*) The next one is Nutcracked by Susan Adrian, and it’s a Nutcracker retelling. (*dies again*) And the final one is Unearthed by Amie Kaufman and Megan Spooner, and the first line of the Goodreads blurb is: “Indiana Jones meets Tomb Raider's Lara Croft... in space!” I just… oh my… need… words!



The 5 Most Recent Books I Bought




City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare // The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
Half Bad by Sally Green // Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
Red Rising by Pierce Brown



What books have you added to your to-read list recently? Also, this question is for anyone who's read both The Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices series: Is it really necessary to read Clockwork Angel before reading City of Fallen Angels? I hope to get Clockwork Angel soon, and if it's best to read that book first, I will!


Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Reading!




3 comments:

  1. Heir to the Sky looks interesting. And I like your epiphany - I've come to a same conclusion recently ;)

    Majanka @ I Heart Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh nice! I still need to read Queen of the Tearling too! And The Drowning Deep looks like an intriguing one! I think that's on my "watch" list! So I basically watch for and read reviews on it to help make my educated decision! LOL! Hope you enjoy all these as you read them!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really enjoying the Half Bad books, so I hope you enjoy reading the first book :-)

    The first five I haven't heard of before but I'm definitely going to check them out on Goodreads :D

    Happy 2016 Alma!

    Here's my TTT post with my TBR if you would like to check it out :-) Have a great day xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...