Tuesday 12 January 2016

Ten 2015 Releases I Plan on Reading in 2016




2015 was one of my best years with reading new-releases – 32 books at my last count – and considering I read 84 for the entire year, it was a much larger portion of my overall reading that I expected. In fairness, 32 books is only a teeny tiny portion of all the books released last year that I want to read at some stage. Right now I have a shelf on Goodreads with 75+ 2015 releases I still plan on reading… so I’m going to try and cut that list down a little, and choose the ten books I MUST read this year. (This list isn’t in any particular order, and the book title links are to Goodreads.)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme run by The Broke and the Bookish. The topic this week is Top Ten 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didn't.



Winter by Marissa Meyer Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch

The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

Winter by Marissa Meyer // Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch
The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes
The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black
The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

The Secret Fire by C.J. Daugherty and Carina Rozenfeld Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich

Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis

The Secret Fire by C.J. Daugherty and Carina Rozenfeld
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo // The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich
Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge // A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis


Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Reading!




18 comments:

  1. Wrath and the Dawn & Snow Like Ashes are DEFINITELY worth an emergency read! I haven't read Ice Like Fire yet, though. That's one that I missed and will shortly rectify.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Snow Like Ashes, and I can't WAIT to read the sequel! I've heard so many good things about the Wrath and the Dawn, and I need to get my hands on it soon :D Thanks for stopping by, Julia!

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of Madness So Discreet before, but boy does it sound interesting. I want to read it right away.

    Majanka @ I Heart Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so intrigued by it! It sounds really creepy and scary, and hopefully it should be an awesome read :D Thanks for stopping by, Majanka!

      Delete
  3. The Secret Fire is one that I really want to read too, though I didn't add it to my list this week.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/12/top-ten-tuesday-39/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to read The Secret Fire as soon as I can! I loved C.J. Daugherty's Night School series, and it's taken me a lot longer to get around to reading this one that I expected. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. i really want to read a madness so discreet! it looks pretty cool. i'm currently reading the wrath and the dawn, and it's very good! definitely worth the read. i've also read six of crows + winter, and those are definitely favorites

    this post is really cool! happy reading!

    my TTT: http://nxrao.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-ten-tuesday-2015-releases-i-didnt.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY, I'm so glad you're enjoying The Wrath and the Dawn! I really have to get my hands on it soon. I've seen it around for so long now, and all the praise that goes along with it, and keep putting off buying a copy. This needs to change! Thanks for stopping by, Nisha!

      Delete
  5. The Wrath and the Dawn was on my TTT as well! I hope you love Winter when you get around to it! The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly is about the girl who got her hands cut off from a cult, correct? I didn't hear too much about it but it sounds so good!

    Great TTT, Alma!

    Genni @ Ready , Set, Read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's the one! I remember reading the synopsis for the first time and reading the line where the MC was handless, and I remember thinking I need to read this book! I haven't heard too much about it since it's release, either, but I'm still really curious about it. Cults don't crop up too often in YA, so it should be interesting! Hopefully it'll be awesome! And YAY for Winter! I really have to get a copy of it soon. I've been putting it off for way too long, and I just need to give in and get it already :D Thanks for stopping by, Genni!

      Delete
  6. Forget all of the books on your list and just read Six of Crows. It is fantastic! Okay, maybe pick up The Wrath and the Dawn and Winter as well, they're pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely try and get my hands on it soon! I've seen pictures of a hardback with black page edges, but I don't think we can get it over here *sobs* I need to have a proper look at Amazon and see what I can find :D Thanks for stopping by, Alicia!

      Delete
  7. I need to read Ice Like Fire, Crimson Bound, and Six of Crows as well! And A Madness so Discreet! Eep! So behind!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely some good ones on there! I'll bed adding the majority to my TBR too!! Loving that cover for Crimson Bound.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Winter, Six of Crows and The Dead House were three of my favorite books of 2015, so I can't wait to see what you think of them! Thanks for sharing, and great choices! ♥

    ~ Zoe @ Stories on Stage

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ice Like Fire and The Wrath and The Dawn are on my list too. I really liked Snow Like Ashes and I can't wait to read the next book.
    - Emma @ Emma Likes Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. You absolutely HAVE to read The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly and Crimson Bound ASAP!! Both of those are completely amazing! :D

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh definitely try Crimson Bound, it is not the best written, but it has some fascinating lore and is one of those books you could analyse and write an essay on. :)

    http://www.bookrantorrave.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...