I was meaning to sign up for this challenge before I took a break over Christmas/New Year… but better a little late than never, right?! Before I began blogging last year, I reread all the time, and I’ve said it before, but I really miss it. It was a normal occurrence for me to finish a book, and if I loved it, a week or so later I’d begin reading it again! I was always amazed with how many details I picked up the second (or third...) time reading a book. The past year or so has been a little… weird, if I’m honest. I only managed three rereads, and those were just before Christmas. Once I spotted The Re-Read Challenge on my Bloglovin’ feed, (I think it was Rachel's post @ Confessions of a Book Geek was where I saw it first) I knew I’d have to take part!
The Re-Read Challenge is hosted by Belle of the Literati and So Obsessed With and runs from January 1st – December 31st 2015. You can find out all the details if you follow this link, but the general guidelines are as follows:
How You Sign Up
- Write a post about joining The 2015 Re-Read Challenge on your blog. In the post, include the banner, a link back to our sign-up page, the number of books you'd like to re-read and list some books you're hoping to re-read for the challenge.
- Add the direct link to your sign-up post in the linky.
- Optional: Put the challenge button in your sidebar (grab link available at the bottom of the post).
- DONE. It's as easy as that to get started.
How You Participate
- Re-read some books!
- In the first week of each month, we will post a re-read recap on Belle of the Literati and So Obsessed With that includes a linky that will be open all month. Write a post detailing what you re-read the last month, and add the direct link to our linky to be entered in our giveaways.
- If you write any re-read reviews (it's totally optional!), add those to the monthly linky for additional entries (one per post) in our giveways.
- If you miss a monthly post, just link up your reviews and/or recap in the linky during the next month.
Seriously, I LOVE these requirements! I love open-ended challenges with lots of flexibility with limited pressure, so this challenge and the Fairytale Retelling Challenge that I’ve also signed up for are absolutely perfect for me.
One huge plus for this challenge is the option to post re-read reviews, and I think I might write up a few over the course of the challenge. I don’t want to say I’ll write one for every book... but I probably will! I love the questions the girls suggest that you can base a review around, and I think they’d make a really interesting look-back at some of my old favourites:
WHEN I First Read
WHAT I Remember
WHY I Wanted to Re-Read
HOW I Felt After Re-Reading
WOULD I Re-Read Again
Now, onto the books I hope to re-read! See, there is this little problem I think I’m going to encounter… I’m afraid that once I start rereading, I won’t be able to stop! In less than two minutes, I came up with a list of twenty books I want to re-read… and honestly, I don’t think I’ll be re-reading quite that many! I think I’ll aim for eight to ten re-reads, but as I said, this number could go up or down.
Now for the fun part… the books I hope to re-read! Before blogging, I tended to reread on the spur of the moment, so this list could change drastically over the course of the year…
Do you plan on re-reading any books this year? Have you signed up for this challenge??
And Happy Reading... or Re-Reading!