Tuesday 15 December 2015

My 10 Favourite Books I Read in 2015



Ahh, the classic “what is your favourite book?” question that strikes fear into the heart of every bookworm. As we all know, this is not a simple question to answer! My traditional response would be panicking, then a blank stare, followed by a severe case of conversational crickets. Thank goodness I can pick 10 books for this week’s prompt; if I had to choose just one I think my mind would start imploding. Seriously!

As of today, I’ve read 80 books this year, and I’ve loved some of those a lot more than others. This time last year I decided to rank my top 10 picks… and ooohh boy did it give so many guilty feelings! I loved each one of those books for dozens of different reasons, and ranking one above the other was so hard to do. This year I’m going to be a little sneaky: I’ll still choose ten books, but they’ll be split up into ten different categories. Hopefully this will 1) be the fairest way, and 2) cut down on my future guilt when I accidentally stumble across this post in a few months’ time!


*Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme run by The Broke and the Bookish. The topic this week is Top Ten Best Books I Read In 2015*




Favourite Novella:


Fairest by Marissa Meyer

Fairest by Marissa Meyer





Favourite First Book in a Series:


The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski

The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski





Favourite Sequel:


The Vanishing Throne by Elizabeth May

The Vanishing Throne by Elizabeth May





Favourite Final Book in a Series:


Oblivion by Kelly Creagh

Oblivion by Kelly Creagh





Favourite Series I Started and Completed in 2015:


Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan

The Lynburn Legacy Trilogy by Sarah Rees Brennan





Favourite Horror:


Say Her Name by James Dawson

Say Her Name by James Dawson





Favourite Alternative History:


Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine

Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine





Favourite Retelling:


A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas





Favourite Science-Fiction:


Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff





Favourite Fantasy:


An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir



What books are on your favourites list this year? Do we share any favourites? Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Reading!




6 comments:

  1. You have some wonderful books on this list. I so need to read Illuminae. It keeps popping up today. I do have it on my shelf so hopefully I will be able to get to it during Christmas break.
    Thanks for sharing your list!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Illuminae is every where, I'm actually starting to be intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Winners Curse and Winner's Crime back to back, worst idea since I read Legend and Prodigy back to back. Those books put me in a book hangover for 2 months.
    CoTaR was amazing, and I am so excited and curious about the sequel. An Ember in the Ashes, I still can't believe I forgot about that book when making my list. That book was better than I could have hoped (admittedly I was wary since it was getting to much praise and the pre-release movie option)
    I still need to read Illuminae, it looks so interesting and unique.

    My TTT:Marie @ Pages to Explore

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoh amazing picks!! I loved An Ember in the Ashes, which made my list last week for a similar topic! And naturally ACOTAR!!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, so many books! I just read The Vanishing Throne and I was blown away but that ending?!?! Agh, I can't wait until 2017 :( Also ACOTAR and The Winner's Curse are so so amazing :D Great list, Alma!

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many of these were amazing!! I still really want to read Say Her Name!

    I wanted to let you know the wrap up and giveaway has been posted for the Dystopia Reading Challenge! You can check it out HERE! I hope you met your goal!!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...