Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme run by The Broke and the Bookish.This week’s topic is our top ten bookish related things we have on our bucket lists. It can be anything from blogging, to meeting authors or anything book related!
1. Read 121 books in 2014.
I managed to read 120 in 2013, and I’m determined to beat that score, even if it’s just by one book! And, yes, this is my competitive streak coming out…
2. Finish off the basics and be happy with the design of my blog.
I really need to focus on this. I keep seeing little things to do that end up taking hours rather than minutes… and this means I have hardly any time to tackle the big things!
3. Own a complete hardback set of my favourite series, and each book signed by the author.
How amazing would that be! Maybe one day…
4. Somehow, someway finish the remaining four hundred pages of Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward.
It’s book #5 in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, and I’ve tried to read it twice, and I’ve quit… twice. Zsadist totally ruined this series for me, the rest are bland in comparison.
5. Write a book, and have the patience to finish it.
I don’t think I’d last beyond the first edit.
6. Ignore the reviews and read Allegiant by Veronica Roth.
I really liked Divergent, but Insurgent didn’t live up to my expectations. I don’t like leaving a trilogy I liked at one stage incomplete. I don’t know, and don't want to know how it ends… I’ve been staying miles away from spoilers!
7. Re-read some of my favourites, like Pride and Prejudice.
There are just so many good new books that I want to read, I haven’t had the chance to revisit some of my old favourites lately.
8. Read The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simmons.
That page count intimidates me so badly, but I need to just get out of my own head and read it!
9. Meet my favourite authors in person.
10. Have my own library, like Belle's from Beauty and the Beast
This is waaaay in the future. Or more realistically: never. But! If I ever win the Euromillions, and get the chance to build my own house, I would be mad enough to consider adding this to my grand plans:
A girl can dream, right?! Plus, I should have the spare cash to actually fill the shelves with books too…
What would make it onto your bookish bucket list?