Sunday 2 March 2014

Review: Move the Sun, by Susan Fanetti


Move the Sun, by Susan Fanetti book cover

Title: Move the Sun
Author: Susan Fanetti
Series: Signal Bend, #1
Format: Kindle
My rating: 4 / 5

Add to Goodreads


Lilli Accardo moves to the dying town of Signal Bend, Missouri, where the citizens have made a devil’s bargain to stay afloat. Lilli quickly garners the attention of the whole town, particularly Isaac Lunden, President of the Night Horde Motorcycle Club and de facto protector of the town and its citizens.

When it turns out that Lilli is there under murky circumstances, Isaac decides to get close and try to figure out what she’s hiding. Their chemistry is instantaneous and electric, but each is a potential danger to the other.

Action, sex, and drama ensue as Isaac and Lilli try to navigate the rocky terrain between trust and threat.

Note: explicit sex and violence.

-- As seen on Goodreads


My Thoughts


I’m really surprised! I downloaded Move the Sun as a kindle freebie a couple of months ago and didn’t think of it again. I confess, the reason I read it now was because of the sun on the cover – I needed it for a reading challenge I’m taking part in! I’m so glad I tried it.


I have read a couple of Motorcycle Club themed books before, with little success. They were just very bleh. Starting this book, I was expecting more of the same: no real plot, no absorbing story, cut out biker stereotype characters, with lots of sex and not much else. This on the other hand, was so good! I loved that there was a story outside of the main characters relationship that captures your interest and leaves you guessing and wanting to find out what will happen next.


I think the less you know about the storyline, the more you will enjoy the book as a whole. I only glanced at the blurb before starting, so the vast majority of the book was a surprise to me. I liked the way the flashbacks were timed appropriately, giving just enough information when it was needed, without bogging or slowing down the story unnecessarily.


The story is told in the third person, alternating focus between Isaac and Lilli. I think it suited the book perfectly. It gave us a broader picture of the storyline, told from two strong characters perspectives. I really liked Lilli. She is bad-ass without compromising her femininity. She is ex-army, and is just an all-round awesome and likeable character. Isaac is a good character, but I found Lilli’s character to be the more believable of the two, and this overshadowed him slightly. They work really well together though, and you root for them both.


I really enjoyed the writing style. It captured and held my attention right from the beginning. I could be a real bitch and start point out some little mistakes here and there – missing words, the flow of some sentences could be improved – but forget it! I didn’t care! As long as I connect with the characters and the story, I can overlook all that. It wasn’t so extensive that it detracts from the story.


The ending wraps up this portion of the series nicely, while providing just enough information to let you know the story isn’t over. It gets you interested in continuing on with the next book. Loved it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...