Tuesday 6 December 2016

10 New-to-Me Authors I Read in 2016



After a few reading challenge filled (and stress filled!) reading years, I wanted 2016 to be as stress and plan free as it could possibly be. And I think it helped! I didn't read as much as other years, but what I did read I enjoyed a lot more. Also, I reread quite a bit, which is something I've really missed doing over the past few years. (I'm currently three books in to my first ever Harry Potter reread, and it's awesome!) Combining lots of rereading and being determined to continue on with series I've already started, I didn't read quite as many new-to-me authors as previous years. But of those new authors, there were quite a few that I really loved and I can't wait to read more of their works. So, I've created a list and these are my 10 favourite new-to-me authors that I read for the first time in 2016.

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme run by The Broke and the Bookish.


Kiersten White – And I Darken Alwyn Hamilton – Rebel of the Sands Jessica Khoury – The Forbidden Wish

Rin Chupeco – The Girl from the Well 
Christina Henry – Alice

Kiersten White – And I Darken
Alwyn Hamilton – Rebel of the Sands
Jessica Khoury – The Forbidden Wish
Rin Chupeco – The Girl from the Well
Christina Henry – Alice


Sarah Fine – Of Metal and Wishes Erika Johansen – The Queen of the Tearling Laini Taylor – Daughter of Smoke and Bone

Melina Marchetta – Finnikin of the Rock Pierce Brown - Red Rising

Sarah Fine – Of Metal and Wishes
Erika Johansen – The Queen of the Tearling
Laini Taylor – Daughter of Smoke and Bone
Melina Marchetta – Finnikin of the Rock
Pierce Brown - Red Rising


Thanks for stopping by, and Happy Reading!




5 comments:

  1. finnikin of the rock is one of my favorite series. love Marchetta. queen of tearling was really good too. great lists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only read two of authors you mentioned here - Kiersten White and Melina Marchetta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoh nice! See a mix of ones I've read and loves and ones I need to read still! Great picks!!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I have read books by any of these authors! But the cover for Alwyn Hamilton , "Rebel of the Sands" is definitely intriguing! I'll have to keep an eye out for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read Rebel of The Sands this year too and loved it! Definitely one of my favourite books of 2016!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/12/06/top-ten-tuesday-86/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...